[Spa-L] FW: Resident Director Recruitment

Horton, David hortond at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 27 14:13:15 EST 2012

FYI: dh

David Horton Jr., Ph.D.
Ohio University

-------- Original Message --------

Resident Director Recruitment

Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:43:42 -0500

Peters, Katherine C <kch10 at pitt.edu><mailto:kch10 at pitt.edu>

Greetings from the University of Pittsburgh!

Please forward to any qualified students you may know who are interested in a Resident Director position within Student Affairs.

We are beginning our Resident Director Recruitment process for the 2013-2014 academic year.   Attached you will find the Resident Director position posting.  We will be attending The Placement Exchange in March and welcome applications via email to kak58 at pitt.edu<mailto:kak58 at pitt.edu>.

As the NACURH 2013 host, Pitt is a dynamic place full of excitement!  We have a team of 10 Resident Directors who supervise RAs, serve as judicial hearing officers, oversee programming, advise hall councils, mentor, counsel, and refer students to resources.  Not only do our RDs manage large residence halls on an urban campus, there are many opportunities for departmental and Student Affairs committee involvement.  Our staff is encouraged and supported in their professional development initiatives, and annually are accepted to present at national conferences.

One of our newly hired RDs, Tiffany Reed says: "Being a Resident Director at the University of Pittsburgh, is simply like being with your family all day; there's love, hard work, tradition, and most important, support."

On January 11, 2013 we will be hosting a Residence Life Pitt Preview Day<https://studentaffairs.secure.pitt.edu/content/residentdirectorrecruitment> from 1:00-5:00pm.  Interested candidates will have the opportunity to meet staff from Residence Life and Student Affairs.  We will be conducting screening interviews for the RD position, providing campus tours, and interacting with Resident Assistants.  Please visit www.reslife.pitt.edu<http://www.reslife.pitt.edu> and click on the "About Us" tab for more information and to register.

We wish you the best of luck as you finish your graduate program and begin your search for your next position.  Please consider Residence Life at the University of Pittsburgh!
Warm Regards,

Kathleen Kyle

Assistant Director, Staff Services

Residence Life, University of Pittsburgh