[Spa-L] HESA student and faculty news

Mather, Peter matherp at ohio.edu
Fri Jun 8 22:17:27 EDT 2012

Hello all:
I know that I normally use this list to send out job announcements, but sometimes it is important to celebrate accomplishments. First, I want to recognize all of our graduates today: both members of the CSP cohort and the doctoral grads. I especially want to give a shout out to Vincent Harris who was recognized as the outstanding graduate student in today's ceremony. Mucho, much, mas, mas, Vicente! (My apologies if you speak Spanish--this is a special dialect that Vincent picked up in Honduras last summer.)

Also, I'd like to recognize one of our faculty members. Some of you may now know that Dr. Valerie Martin Conley received notification this spring that she is being promoted to full professor. This is a major accomplishment for faculty members, and we applaud Dr. Conley's diligent work over the years. To make sure that Dr. Conley remains grounded for the next three years, she was also recently elected to be Chairperson for the Department of Counseling and Higher Education.

Congratulations to Vincent, Dr. Conley, and all HESA students who graduated or successfully got a year of graduate studies under their belt.

Enjoy your summer, everyone!

Pete

Peter C. Mather, PhD
Associate Professor
Coordinator, Higher Education and Student Affairs
Ohio University
313C McCracken Hall
Athens, OH  45701

Phone: 740.593.4454