[Soma-L] Pre-SOMA DAY AT OU-HCOM [respond asap]

Smith, Alexander as324009 at ohio.edu
Sun Mar 31 15:11:05 EDT 2013

Pre-SOMA friends!

Two saturdays from now, April 13th, the admission office at OU-HCOM will be hosting a Pre-SOMA day for our group, and the pre-soma groups from Ohio State and Kent State.

This is a very unique opportunity to get an inside look at OU-HCOM, and get face time with both admissions staff and current medical students.

The agenda is not yet finalized but it looks like the day will last from 11:30am to around 3:00pm and will be chock full of workshops, speakers from the admissions office, student panels, tours of the facilities, lunch, and much more.

Here is what you need to do:
Respond to this email to RSVP with me ASAP, before Tuesday April 2nd to let me know that you want to attend.  OU-HCOM needs me to tell them by Wednesday who/how many people are coming so they can be prepared with enough tour guides/food etc.  Seriously, if you guys are interested in this school it is a huge opportunity to get inside.  Face time and personal connection with an admissions office can be your biggest tool in getting accepted to medical school (not kidding, it can be HUGE), so this is really a unique opportunity.

Sorry for the late notice so close to the deadline to rsvp, so please respond quickly!

Thanks,
Alex Smith
Pre-SOMA President

P.S.  Here are other things on our agenda still:
1) West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine will be visiting on Tuesday April 17th at 7pm.  Reminder emails will be coming out soon.
2) We will be setting up a panel of accepted seniors to answer your questions about applying etc.
3) Hopefully the blood pressure clinic will be a go before the end of the year.
4) Elections will be coming up soon for leadership in Pre-SOMA.