[Soma-L] presoma

dp127206 at ohio.edu dp127206 at ohio.edu
Thu Apr 2 11:44:51 EDT 2009

Pre-SOMA
It is SPRING QUARTER!!! I hope everyone had an amazing break. This past
winter we spoke about Pre-SOMA shadowing medical students for a couple
hours out of the day. I have gotten the OK from Dr. Wadsworth and we
decided the best time to fit this into the schedule would be within weeks 2
and 3 of spring quarter, preferably week 2.  The CPCers will be shadowed
during case based learning (CBL) and the PCCers during small groups. This
will give Pre-SOMA a chance to see us interact in the learning process and
see case presentations. Please see the below information for VERY important
details.

Thanks,
Whit Crye
wg384904

Pre-SOMA and SOMA members:
It is SPRING QUARTER!!! I hope everyone had an amazing break. This past
winter we spoke about Pre-SOMA shadowing medical students for a couple
hours out of the day. I have gotten the OK from Dr. Wadsworth and we
decided the best time to fit this into the schedule would be within weeks 2
and 3 of spring quarter, preferably week 2.  The CPCers will be shadowed
during case based learning (CBL) and the PCCers during small groups. This
will give Pre-SOMA a chance to see us interact in the learning process and
see case presentations.  I am sending this form to Pre-SOMA and the
interested SOMA members.
To Pre-SOMA: Please contact one of the listed OUCOM students via email.
They will confirm their availability and set up a meeting location. I
suggest meeting them on The Bricks or just inside Grosvenor (when you walk
through the double doors on the path leading between Irvine and Grosvenor).
Please contact one person at a time and they should respond in a timely
manner. They may turn you down if they are not available, so feel free to
contact someone else. More SOMA members may become available and I will
notify you of them. If you are only able to be there for one hour, or so,
it is no problem to step out in the middle of a session.
Elyssa Rubertino CPC1	er174008 at ohio.edu
CBL TIME: T/Th 3-5
Whiteny Crye	wg384904 at ohio.edu
T/Th 3-5
Gwen Welsh CPC1	gw208008 at ohio.edu
T/Th 3-5
Jen Allen CPC1	ja414607 at ohio.edu
T/Th 3-5
Drew Henson CPC1	ahenson1 at gmail.com
T/Th 1-3
Sarita Maturu CPC1	sm129807 at ohio.edu
T/Th 3-5
Lindsay Westrick CPC1	lw132604 at ohio.edu
T/Th 3-5
Andrew Koch PCC2	ak224407 at ohio.edu
Please contact these two for further info!
Tejal Patel PCC2	tp369807 at ohio.edu

To SOMA members: You must ask your facilitator and group members for
permission. Dr Wadsworth already approved this. The Pre-SOMA member will
contact you via email. Please respond in a timely manner to let them know
if you are available or if they should move to another individual. Let them
know of a meeting location. I suggest meeting them on The Bricks or just
inside Grosvenor (when you walk through the double doors on the path
leading between Irvine and Grosvenor). You may have only one student
shadowing you at a time so that the rooms do not become too crowded. If
your group and facilitator allow you to bring multiple students in within
the week (ex: one Tuesday and then one Thursday) this is OK!
Let me know if you have any questions or added comments!
Thanks! Whit Crye
wg384904 at ohio.edu
937-243-3555