[SEOMTC] Next SEOMTC Meeting: The Fold and Cut Problem

Pilewski, Nicholas pilewski at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 14 13:04:39 EDT 2018

Greetings!

Suppose you take a piece of paper, fold it flat, make ONE complete straight cut, and unfold the resulting pieces. What kind of shapes are possible to create in this way? Come join us as Rebin Muhammad and Asiyeh Rafieipour (both from Ohio University) lead us through an exploration of this and related questions at our next SouthEast Ohio Math Teachers' Circle meeting. We'll meet 10:00 a.m. to noon Saturday March 31 at Rural Action Inc., 9030 Hocking Hills Dr., The Plains, OH. Hope to see you there, and bring a friend!

The SEOMTC Leadership Team