[SEOMTC] Fwd: October 22nd SEOMTC

Klein, Bob kleinr at ohio.edu
Fri Oct 14 17:50:57 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to announce that Amanda Serenevy will be in Athens next Saturday, October 22nd! Amanda serves as Executive Director of the Riverbend Community Math Center, and is a nationally recognized leader of the Math Circle and Math Teachers' Circle communities. She has been active in math outreach towards a wide range of audiences, including Navajo Math Circles and the Math Circle Institute held each summer.

Amanda is coming to facilitate a session for our SouthEast Ohio Math Teachers' Circle (SEOMTC), and as friends of our circle, I'd like to extend an invitation to Saturday's session! We will be investigating balance puzzles Saturday October 22 1:00-4:00 p.m. at East Elementary. Not sure what a balance puzzle is? Find out how they can be used with a wide range of learners to develop algebraic thinking. Amanda will also be leading a Math Circle session for kids the same day 10:00-11:30 a.m. at the Athens Public Library, Athens branch

All are welcome and the cost is free. If you've never been to a SEOMTC session, you are especially welcome! Please come and please bring a friend! We are happy to provide certificates of attendance for all participants upon request.
Hope to see you there!
Nick
Http://seomtc.weebly.com/

Nick Pilewski, Ph.D.
Mathematics Instructor
Stocker Center 141
1 Ohio University
Athens OH 45701-2979
740-593-1517
pilewski at ohio.edu<mailto:pilewski at ohio.edu>

[Ohio University]
Russ College of Engineering and Technology
Department of Mathematics

[cid:image004.png at 01CDB91B.85A1A030]

www.ohio.edu/engineering<http://www.ohio.edu/engineering>
www.math.ohiou.edu<http://www.math.ohiou.edu/>