[SEOMTC] FW: Your help needed!!! Open Math Conference

Klein, Bob kleinr at ohio.edu
Tue Mar 22 16:02:40 EDT 2016

FYI-
Also MathFest is something that you should consider attending. It’s wonderful and in Columbus this year!
BK

From: Todd Edwards <michael.todd.edwards at gmail.com<mailto:michael.todd.edwards at gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 3:31 PM
To: Lindsey States <STATESL at miamioh.edu<mailto:STATESL at miamioh.edu>>, Scott States <sstates at unoh.edu<mailto:sstates at unoh.edu>>, Chris Bolognese <bolognesechris at gmail.com<mailto:bolognesechris at gmail.com>>, "Chao, Theodore P. (Teddy)" <chao.160 at osu.edu<mailto:chao.160 at osu.edu>>, Jeff Reinhardt <jeffreinhardt at columbus.rr.com<mailto:jeffreinhardt at columbus.rr.com>>, Courtney Koestler <koestler at ohio.edu<mailto:koestler at ohio.edu>>, Robert Klein <kleinr at ohio.edu<mailto:kleinr at ohio.edu>>, Jodie Bailey <jbailey at moonglade.com<mailto:jbailey at moonglade.com>>, Janet Herrelko <janet.herrelko at udayton.edu<mailto:janet.herrelko at udayton.edu>>, Ann Farrell <ann.farrell at wright.edu<mailto:ann.farrell at wright.edu>>, Debra Kay Gallagher <dgallag at bgsu.edu<mailto:dgallag at bgsu.edu>>, Gregory Foley <foleyg at ohio.edu<mailto:foleyg at ohio.edu>>, Shannon Driskell <sdriskell1 at udayton.edu<mailto:sdriskell1 at udayton.edu>>, "DeBiasio, Louis" <debiasld at miamioh.edu<mailto:debiasld at miamioh.edu>>
Subject: Your help needed!!! Open Math Conference

Friends:

Steve Phelps and I need your help spreading the word about the upcoming Open Math Conference to be held in Columbus immediately following MathFest (Sunday, August 7).  The conference is FREE to all and will focus on the use of freely available, open source (FOSS) mathematics teaching and learning tools.

Please forward the attached flyer to any LIVING, BREATHING (!!) mathematics teacher in the Central Ohio area (and beyond).  College faculty, we could use your help disseminating the flyer on the mathematics education listserve at your institution (if possible).  We'd love to see some preservice teachers, grad students, and mathematics colleagues in attendance.

Perhaps we can get some folks from MathFest to stay an extra day to join us?  ;)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

Todd Edwards

Michael Todd Edwards
Professor, Mathematics Education
404E McGuffey Hall
Miami University, Oxford OH 45056
cell / office: 513-529-6320

“To believe a thing impossible is to make it so.” - French Proverb