[SEOMTC] FW: [Teachers' Net] Curriculum Inspirations posters from the Mathematical Association of America

Klein, Bob kleinr at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 30 16:29:02 EDT 2015

Cool Poster! Free! James Tanton is the author of a lot of the activities we have done over the years in our Math Teachers’ Circles.
Best,
BK

From: <teachersnet at googlegroups.com<mailto:teachersnet at googlegroups.com>> on behalf of Brianna Donaldson <brianna at aimath.org<mailto:brianna at aimath.org>>
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 2:01 PM
To: Teachers' Net <teachersnet at googlegroups.com<mailto:teachersnet at googlegroups.com>>
Subject: [Teachers' Net] Curriculum Inspirations posters from the Mathematical Association of America

Dear MTC Leaders,

Please see the note below from Lyn Soudien at the Mathematical Association of America and consider passing along this opportunity and the information about Curriculum Inspirations to your MTC participants. (The Curriculum Inspirations posters are lovely; I have one on my office wall!)

Best,
Brianna

***********
Thank you so much for your work in mathematics education.

There is widespread recognition of the need to improve mathematical achievement at all levels of education and the role that the MAA American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) (http://www.maa.org/math-competitions) can play in pre-college mathematics instruction.

To that end, MAA Mathematician-at-Large Dr. James Tanton (http://www.maa.org/math-competitions/teachers/curriculum-inspirations/james-tanton-biography) launched MAA Curriculum Inspirations (http://www.maa.org/math-competitions/teachers/curriculum-inspirations), an online, open-source program for middle- and high-school teachers.  Teachers and students can improve their mathematical competency and prepare for the AMC competitions with these free web resources.

The 10 Curriculum Burst problem-solving strategies can be applied across mathematical domains, and connect MAA AMC content and practice standards from the Common Core.

This academic year, the MAA is offering 36”×24” Curriculum Inspirations posters depicting eight of the 10 strategies to K-12 teachers upon request.  If you would like to receive a free MAA Curriculum Inspirations poster for your classroom by mail, please follow this link to provide your mailing address:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12eZ2swdbgdvD_4Yd9EXf5Fp07rUmqth_WSircCFtQDA/viewform

With compliments,
The Mathematical Association of America

 [cid:DF3EE057-3951-43F2-8433-EE5DACE5D5F5 at hsd1.ca.comcast.net.]