[Sciregionv] Arrival Information

McClure, Robert mcclurer at ohio.edu
Sat Oct 28 11:18:13 EDT 2023

Hello all!

We are almost there! I’ve been hearing your awesome music coming out of practice rooms, studios, and rehearsal rooms for weeks now and I can’t wait to hear it on our stages.

For those of you who have purchased a parking pass, when you arrive you have a couple options. The pass is only good for 1 day so if you arrive Thursday during the day, best to find a metered spot and save your pass for Friday. Parking on Saturday is free. Parking in Dark Green/Purple lots is free after 5pm on weekdays.

The Music Building is Robert Glidden Hall. It is situated on a hill. Thus, depending on which side of the building you arrive to, you might be on the 1st or 4th floor. The recital hall is on the 4th floor. The Glidden 101 for big band/orchestra/wind symphony rehearsals and concert 7 is on the 1st floor.

The registration table will be on the 4th floor outside of the recital hall. You may pick up your parking pass here as well as your name tags. You can drive up to the fourth floor entrance and park for a few minutes with your hazards on right in front of the entrance, come in, get your pass, and then go park. There are also many metered spots around the building and block which it occupies. For most if not all you can either use change, credit card, or the ParkMobile App.

Also at the registration table will be the opportunity to support our Ohio University Composers’ Association who are working the festival in terms of technology setups, stage management, lights, registration table, and much more. They have designed some awesome new music stickers that would go great on a travel case or laptop featuring our studio mascot, Spaghetti the Raccoon. More on Spaghetti at the festival. OU.CA will be accepting donations if you would like to support them in the form of cash or Venmo – each donation comes with a sticker and if you are lucky, a selfie with Spaghetti.

Have a phone handy as there will not be printed programs. There will be QR codes to access the folder with programs or you can get it here before you come. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l_OYZ8MeEhph0b3gZ2b2c6cM2ijplWoj?usp=sharing<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Fdrive%2Ffolders%2F1l_OYZ8MeEhph0b3gZ2b2c6cM2ijplWoj%3Fusp%3Dsharing&data=05%7C01%7Csciregionv%40listserv.ohio.edu%7Cad80cbef706742fb88be08dbd7c92232%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638341031078276722%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=ZgiPmqXbfkkMJKYFGeZU3%2FI%2FRKT9VCsDTaZ8umHDoSA%3D&reserved=0> This also contains the rehearsal schedule.

We only have one hall for 5 concerts so please be at your rehearsal early and ready to go well before your time so if we run ahead, we can keep going. If you have your own technology that you are bringing, load in happens at the beginning of each rehearsal for the associated concert. Please setup quietly while others are rehearsing. When Concerts 2, 3, and 5 have completed, please feel free to chat and mingle outside of the recital hall so that we may prepare for the next concert.

Attached is a map of all the different locations you will need to know. This is also located in the full program book at the above link as well as just a file in that folder.

  1.  Glidden Hall (School of Music) - Concerts 1-5 in Recital Hall on Floor 4
  2.  Seigfred Hall 519 - Lectures 1 and 2
  3.  Athens First United Methodist Church – Concert 6
  4.  Glidden 101 – Concert 7 on Floor 1
  5.  Gabrielle Cerberville FUNGAL CHAPEL Installation (outside)
  6.  Parking (Dark Green/Purple Lots for parking pass and free on weekends)

On this map, if you keep walking EAST from the Music Building, you will find Union and Court Street which have nearly all the food options listed in the Recommendations document in the google drive folder.

--
Dr. Robert McClure
Associate Professor of Composition/Theory

www.robertwmcclure.com<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.robertwmcclure.com%2F&data=05%7C01%7Csciregionv%40listserv.ohio.edu%7Cad80cbef706742fb88be08dbd7c92232%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638341031078276722%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=cH%2FXYunh4fgRJz8l%2Fjsp%2FOPRcKn4Oh%2BJizgy0SOB994%3D&reserved=0>