[Sciregionv] Registration Reminder and Updated SCI Region V Schedule

McClure, Robert mcclurer at ohio.edu
Sun Aug 27 15:51:29 EDT 2023

Hello all,

For many of us, I hope you are having an easy transition from summer to fall semester.

Just getting in touch to remind you of the registration site where you can pay the registration as well as purchase a parking pass for Friday, Nov. 3. Parking is free on Saturdays and after 5pm on weekdays.

Here is the link for paying the registration fee:
https://commerce.cashnet.com/ohioemkt10

The schedule has undergone a few changes due to the needs of our performers and ensembles. The schedule will likely stay this way. All of your scores that are being performed by Ohio University performers have been distributed. The performers have your information and very well may be contacting you if they have questions. I will let them reach out to you if/when they feel the need. Below is the concert schedule. I will be developing a rehearsal schedule in the coming weeks. However, our plan is to rehearse directly before each concert. For fixed media, pieces, we may get in touch with you to discuss alternate plans if there is no live diffusion in your work.

Concert 1
Composer
Title
11/2/2023
Mark Zanter
Retracements (2021)
Thurs 7pm
Nathan Andrews
Space Oceans
RH
Seunghee Lee
Pung-Kyung
Jennifer Bernard Merkowitz
Old Soul
Amelia S. Kaplan
Stutter
Kramer Elwell
OWN.k
Christopher Chandler
these old roots
Robert Denham
Speaking of Beginnings (Mvts 1-2)
Dinah Bianchi
Aere Perennius: Fanfare for Brass Quintet

Concert 2
Composer
Title
11/3/2023
Ted King-Smith
To the Deep (and back again)
FRI 1030a
Matthew Kennedy
Bounce
RH
John Mayrose
Automata
Chris Evan Hass
Resurgence
Sebastian Birch
Firenze, for flute quartet
Carter John Rice
vita(re)mix
Dorothy Hindman
Mechanisms
Kian Ravaei
Unstoppable

Concert 3
Composer
Title
11/3/2023
Neil Flory
Three Pieces for Saxophone Duo
FRI 230p
Mickie Wadsworth
Gaslight
RH
Rosalie Safford
Exile
Chris Cresswell
this is where I am right now
Philip Schuessler
Rube-Goldberg Variations
Sierra Wojtczack
Alien Monologues II
Filipe Leitao
Dawn to Dusk
Michael Pounds
interChange
Kevin Salfen
Woodwind Quintet "Gradus Paradus," I. "Revels, Elevated"
TR Beery
Something for Strings
Mike D'Ambrosio
Up to No Good (WW Quintet)

Concert 4
Composer
Title
11/3/2023
Benjamin Krause
Taxonomies of Pulse
FRI 7pm
Adam Har-zvi
Breaking & Entering
RH
Anne Neikirk
ROW
Andrew Martin Smith
Fragments
Carolyn Borcherding
Anxieties
Robert McClure
Celestial Miniatures
Jon Fielder
InterObtrusion
Cara Haxo
A Few Figs from Thistles
Andrew Walters
Noise to Signal
Michael Rene Torres
The Call to Arms

Concert 5
Composer
Title
11/4/2023
Nate Krebs
Fractals
SAT 1030a
James Paul Sain
Polestar
RH
Paul Osterfield
Quicksilver
Chris Shelton
A Vida dos Insetos
Charles Norman Mason
Beautiful City
William Price
Monologue
Ed Martin
The Future
Rodney Waschka II
Trialogue
Brad Decker
Peripheral Vision
Mark Phillips
Deep Blue

Concert 6
Composer
Title
11/4/2023
Mark Dal Porto
In Memoriam
SAT 230p
Sami Seif
Miniatures from Phoneicia
UMC
Matthew Slazik
Annihilation
Natalie Draper
Pattern Dances
Nicholas J. Cannady
The Golden Goddesses
Derek M. Jenkins
Remnants
Paul Scherer
Hashkiveinu for Womens Choir
Patrick Vu
On The Hillside
Daniel Reza Sabzghabaei
Goli az dast beraft
Timothy Kramer
Shipwreck
Jessica Rudman
A Forest that is a Desert

Concert 7
Composer
Title
11/4/2023
Wenbin Lyu
Glow
SAT 7p
Girard Kratz
Marche Funebre
Glidden 101
Yunfei Li
The Shape of Water
Jessica Overholser
Reciprocity
Craig Peaslee
The Death of Dumuzi
Doug Davis
B & Me
Don Bowyer
Lockdown Themes
Stephen Ferre
Suite No. 1 (from Far From the Fading Light: The Dwarf Planets)
Andrew Hannon
Eternal Soundings
Jamie Leigh Sampson
Ships Passing

--
Dr. Robert McClure
Associate Professor of Composition/Theory

www.robertwmcclure.com<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.robertwmcclure.com%2F&data=05%7C01%7Csciregionv%40listserv.ohio.edu%7C03d2473162f14daa29c108dba73703f6%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638287626944497228%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=xIiIoTRWMU0%2FJ%2Bcm1ftRBb2URhczlWK6UFMCwC%2FD7vI%3D&reserved=0>