[Relay-L] Relay Planning Committee READ :D

Renner, Mallory mr101707 at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 11 20:13:28 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone!
So my committee is wonderful and has been emailing student organizations asking them if they want information about Relay.. many of them have responded saying that they do. So why am I emailing all you lovely people!??! I really really need you guys to step up and inform people about relay!! I can't go to every meeting, and it'll be great to let people see the faces of the planning committee ! SOOO look at your schedule, grab a friend on Relay (if you don't want to go alone), and let me know if you can attend any of these meetings to be a personal Relay advocate :) It really won't take long, and we just want to spread the word. I just need to know ASAP if you're willing to do this, so I can contact the student org. THANKS EVERYONE! Happy Homecoming!

Schedule of Student Org's meetings:

  *   Sunday 2pm Women's Center in Baker- Triota (Women and Gender Studies Honors Society Meeting)
  *   Monday 7:15pm Grover W209- SSWA
  *   Monday between 6 and 7 location TBA - Thread Magazine
  *   Tuesday 8pm Gordy 113 - Spanish Club
  *   Tuesday 8pm Grover E207- OU student Athletic Training Club
  *   Wednesday 6pm Multicultural Room- BSCPB
  *   Thursday between 9-10:20am a UC 190 class

Things to talk about:

  *   What is Relay: American Cancer Society's signature fundraising event to promote cancer awareness and to raise money for cancer research
  *   18 hr event
  *   lots of teams! one person from each team walking the track at all times
  *   Raise money for an awesome cause!!
  *   When is it: March 22 and 23
  *   Location: TBA but in the past it has been at Pruitt Field
  *   Making a team- each team has 8-15 participants; each team sets fundraising goals- the sooner you sign up a team, the more time you have to fundraise! teams bring food, games, tents, ect
  *   We will be having 2 team captain meetings this semester and two next semester that guide you as a team
  *   HOW TO SIGN UP: www.relayforlife.org/ou<http://www.relayforlife.org/ou> --- start/join a team
  *   Facebook and Twitter: Relay for Life OU
  *   Contact us directly at relayforlifeou at gmail
  *   PLEASE write contact info and email down for them and get their email if they are interested or show them the process of signing up a team :)
  *