[Relay-L] some changes...PLEASE READ

Myers, Natalie nm118907 at ohio.edu
Tue Jan 31 09:40:52 EST 2012

Hey all,

(I know this email is super long, but if you were not at last night's meeting PLEASE READ ALL OF IT)

Huge thanks to all those who came to the meeting last night! As those of you who were there last night know, there have been some major changes to our meeting structure. I encourage those of you who did not attend last night to come to our meeting this Monday so I can catch you up on what we're doing, but in the mean time, I'll give you guys a brief overview. For those committee members who are not committee co-chairs, you all will just have to attend bi-weekly meetings until the end of the quarter. So, on even weeks (weeks 6, 8 and 10) you will have to attend our regularly scheduled meetings, and we will be going over what committees are doing and get to know each other activities. On odd weeks (weeks 7 and 9) only sub-committee co-chairs will have to attend meetings. We will have a round-table discussion about what each of our committees are doing, what our goals are and what we can do to improve Relay. So, starting next week, I expect everyone to attend the meeting. As always, please let me know in advance if you cannot attend the meeting. I am thinking about implementing some type of point system that will benefit those who come to weekly meetings and sign up to table and fundraise. I'm not quite sure what that benefit will be, but it will be discussed at next week's meeting and I will bring this up to Courtney in the mean time. The new meeting structure and possible point system will benefit not only myself, Courtney and Hilary, but everyone, and will allow our committee to be more organized and structured.
Also, I've created a secret Facebook group for everyone on the committee. You can only be in the group if Courtney, Hilary or myself invite you. I've create this group to improve communication. I know that people may not check their email all day, every day, but everyone is on Facebook at some point. This group is a way for Courtney and I to communicate news with everyone and for everyone to communicate with each other. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE utilize this! I need people to be able to communicate with each other. Put your ideas on there, tell me if you cannot come to meetings or any concerns you might have. I will be using this a lot, so be sure to check the page! If I've added you, the group should show up on the left-hand side of your Facebook page, "OU Relay for Life Planning Committee."

I know this email is long, but hopefully you've read all of it. If you have any questions or concerns, please email, FB me using our new page, text or call me!

Have a great week!
Natalie