[Relay-L] Relay! READ NOW!

Myers, Natalie nm118907 at ohio.edu
Sat Sep 4 19:35:27 EDT 2010

Hey Relayers!
On behalf of Courtney and me, we hope everyone had a GREAT summer but ready to get back into the swing of things and of course get started with Relay!  We hope all of the committee members will be returning this year.  Court and I want this Relay season to be successful, productive, inspiring and fun for everyone and we can’t do that without your help!
Let’s get down to business…(I apologize for this extra long email )
Everyone who was on the committee last year has to attend this year’s involvement fair, this Monday September 6, which will be on College Green.  We would like everyone to meet at 3pm in front of Chubb Hall and look for either Courtney or I and we will take you over to where our Relay table is located.  We would like for everyone to wear the committee Relay shirt from last year that was provided by ACS (the t-shirt is white with a colorful design on the front).  If you don’t have that shirt down here at school, then wear another Relay shirt, but we would like for everyone to be matching.  Get excited to convince some freshmen into becoming a committee member!
Also, if you would like to be the chair of a sub-committee, Courtney and I would like you to write a letter of intent indicating why you would make a good chair for a specific sub-committee that you would like to head, what involvement you had in Relay last year, what “skills” you are good at (ie computers/internet, personality traits, people skills, etc.) and the reason why you Relay.  This doesn’t have to be personal at all, but be creative J  Remember that there are seven sub-committee head positions open for this year, team recruitment, entertainment, sponsorship, public relations, survivorship, online logistics and food/beverage.   E-mail your letter of intent to either Courtney, cb298907 at ohio.edu<mailto:cb298907 at ohio.edu> or me, nm118907 at ohio.edu<mailto:nm118907 at ohio.edu>.  We would like to have all the letters by Friday, September 10th.
Lastly, the first Relay meeting of the year will be Monday, September 14th at 8pm.  The location is still undecided but I will send out another email when I find out for sure where the meeting will be.
Have a great weekend and we will see everyone Monday!
Lots of love,
Courtney and Natalie