[Relay-L] HI GUYS!

Stevens, Madeleine ms222706 at ohio.edu
Sun Jul 26 21:59:00 EDT 2009

 hey committee lovebugs -

may your summer be all you hoped it would be and more thus far :) this email is to simply update you on what's been going on so far this summer. though it is our break from school, we're still always thinking of Relay. we don't really get an off-season! so here's the breakdown of what i'm doing/thinking at this very moment:

-developing a Chair handbook as well as a handbook for each committee: this is where i need your help. i was originally going to create a survey to send out to you guys, but i think it would be easier for me to simply ask you guys  for suggestions/ideas, especially committee heads. i'm doing a quarter by quarter play-by-play/breakdown, so if you could organize your input that way that'd be great. don't feel like you have to make it too detailed, but ANYTHING at all would be great. I NEED THESE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 12!!!!!
-i want all of us to be at the student involvement fair at the very beginning of fall quarter this year. we've never done this, but katie, hilary and i think that we'll project a stronger image of we're all there wearing our red ACS shirts from last year's Relay. this is very important - almost mandatory! so please make sure you find your red shirt and if you dont have it, wear another relay shirt or let me know and i'll get you one of mine. I'D RATHER IT BE THE RED ONE THOUGH!
-this is kind of important: we are asking that two upperclassmen and one underclassman or anyone else who is interested STEP UP and shadow katie and i this year so as to become the co-chair for 2010-2011. as i said, i'm developing this handbook so it wont be overwhelming for future leaders and if you shadow us this year and watch us closely (stalk us, even) it won't be bad for you. WE PROMISE! we've been in that overwhelmed position and it ain't gunna happen again! we're leaving a legacy, if you will :)
-ALSO please STEP UP and become committee heads! we're asking anyone choosing to do this to write a letter of intent stating qualifications/experiences/reasons for wanting to be a head so katie and i can choose the best person for the job. AND at our first meeting i want previous committee heads to help us explain his or her committee and to DRESS UP business casual so as to project a more professional image to incoming members.

I KNOW THIS IS RATHER LONG FOR A SUMMER EMAIL, but you know me. thanks for reading this far! remember: sunday, august 12 for your suggestions/ideas. LOVE YOU AND THANKS!