[Relay-L] minutes from 2/17

Katie Schroeder ks308607 at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 20 00:00:50 EST 2009

Entertainment:
-Topcats and Jitterbugs have confirmed that they will be performing at Relay
-We still need a DJ. Billie has the contact from last year but we also have a
few names of students who may be willing to donate their time
-Billie has some ugly dresses for Ms. Relay...we just need to get them from her
-Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we're getting Blessed Union of Souls. Maybe
next year? If anyone knows any other B or C list bands, maybe we can try that

Team Recruitment:
-We have 27 teams. Just need 58 more to reach our goal!
-The team checklist is done-will hand out at next Team Captains meeting
-Greek life is on board and will have chapters have teams
-Club sports will encourage each team to start a team
-Makenna made a flyer to go on the OU Slideshow that is on the website. It will
be advertising the next Team Captain meeting

Food & Bev:
-No report

Sponsorship:
-The girls Blitzed Court St again to follow up with businesses
-We're going to try to get the bars involved. Maybe sell stars & moons.  We just
need to contact them
-There have been some issues with College Bookstore - partnering with the Athens
Community Relay. But we're working things out with that.  Stars and Moons have
been dropped off at Follets; we just need to follow up to make sure they are
going to follow through with everything
-Maddie made some letters to last years sponsors that we will need to distribute

Survivorship:
-there is a Think Pink basketball game this Saturday at the Convo.  CAC is
having a table from 1:30-3:30. If you pink you get in free to the game.
-we want to invite and have as many survivors as possible to go to this
-the A PHI O girls are going to try to negotiate down the price for the
survivorship dinner with Purple Chopsticks

PR:
-it is $10 to get a space on the TV in Baker. It's too late to do it this
quarter so will will advertise next quarter's team captain meetings on the TVs
-NEXT MEETING we are going to chalk classrooms for the March 2nd Team Captains
meeting
-We will be painting the wall on Saturday the 28th at 5:30. Please try to come
if possible. The more people, the quicker it will take

Miscellaneous:
-Tracey got some price quotes on the T-shirts.  We will be offering the "fight
cancer" shirts to just the planning committee.  The price is $10 and we will be
having sign ups again at next week's meeting.  The other Relay shirt, we will be
offering to all the teams at the team captains meetings as well as to the
planning committee.  Feel free to order both, one or the other, or neither. It's
completely up to you guys.
-DON'T FORGET THE SOCIAL TOMORROW! If you haven't paid, make sure you bring your
$5.  If you signed up, please go! it will be so much fun and the A Phi O girls
worked hard planning this social.  We will be meeting at 55 Mill (the DZ house)
at 8:45.  Or you can meet us at 18 Oak St at 9 or whenever you can make it.