[Relay-L] minutos! 2/4!

Madeleine M. Stevens ms222706 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 4 21:39:49 EST 2009

here you go, my most favorite committee on campus!

GENERAL:
-A Phi O social is tentatively for the weekend of Feb 20 and 21. it's a
parents weekend and parents are welcome to come. also, we're CASE RACIN FOR A
CURE on that night! get your tolerances ready ;)
-we have a table at the bottom of baker THIS FRIDAY from 11-2. here are who is
signed up. PLEASE SHOW UP! 11-2=Kim K and Alexa; 12-1=Maddie and Morgan; 1-
2=Courtney C. I'll probably be there a lot of the time. BRING YOUR LAPTOPS AND
SMILES!
-keep collecting pop tabs/cans!
-Courtney brought in an awesome t-shirt design and Tracey is now in charge of
finding a place to get them made. she will take sign ups ASAP. your friends
can buy them too!
-SIGN UP FOR THE RELAY COMMITTEE TEAM IF YOU HAVENT YET!

ENTERTAINMENT:
-they have the schedule for the event set up
-AUDRA: how about that dj?
-still looking into Blessed Union of Souls!
*GOAL-incorporating more games/what not into our theme; getting cheap shirts
to tie-dye at the event; MORGAN is calling Denison's UPC!

SPONSORSHIP:
-have a 40 potential sponsor list> the committee will be bothering them STAT
-we want to advertise in the post/other places that people are able to
donate/sponsor
-we want to go to frats and sororities to tell them that all they need to do
is donate $100 and they'll be on the back of our shirts. LORI is calling Scott
Slivken who's on IFC or something to talk to him about this.
-KATIE is going to give BW3s the stars and moons! Universitees is still
selling them - if you guys go in there make sure they offer you one for a
dollar!
-DIVO needs to call the other businesses that we want to sell the stars and
moons!
-bars are selling Polar Plunge bears that are exactliy like our Stars and
Moons, only to benefit Special Olympics. we want to have them do this as soon
as Polar Plunge is over WHICH IS valentine's day!
*GOAL-calling potential sponsors and i have something written about
facebook/listserv but idk what i meant to say. haha, i hope Lori knows what
i'm saying.

PR:
-our banner is in place>week before relay
-they are going to have us advertised on the side ads on facebook, the baker
TVs, and something else i scribbled in my notes that is unreadable. oops.
-we have flyers for pizza boxes when it gets closer to relay and also table
tents that need to be set up on tables in the dining halls. i can't wait to
get those boxes out of my room..lol
-GIRLS, please look into writing on Follett's window! lots of groups advertise
this way and i think it's freakin sweet. let's do it
-WE ARE GOING TO PAINT THE WALL! i think we should do it for team captain's
meetings. we'll set a date next meeting.
*GOAL-BAKER TV ADS!

FOOD & BEV:
-we are going to get the score/sac grants for spring because that is when we
will mostly need the money.
-AUDRA's dad said Kroger will donate money that we can use to go into Kroger
and get pizza rolls! yay! please update your committee about this Aud!
-Alexa and Lauren are going to help out with this committee! Thanks ladies!
*GOAL-look into borrowing crockpots/coffee pots from baker and also into the
Score grant more

TEAM RECRUITMENT:
-MORGAN is going to Alpha Lambda Delta to talk about getting them a team
-we currently have 23 TEAMS! yahoo!
-the table at the bottom of baker THIS FRIDAY FROM 11-2 THAT EVERYONE IS GOING
TO COME TO IF THEY SIGNED UP TO HELP is going to be strictly about signing
individuals up that want to be on a Relay team but are not. We gotta get them
involved!
-this committee is going to get some Team Spirit activities together for teams.
-KIM has sent out another mass email with dates/how to register
-these groups need team packets:::: Women's Crew (Tegan Mason) Men's Crew
(Tyler Ardrey) EMPOWER (Adam Hartman). I think Courtney said she'll contact
Tyler. Thanks girl!
*GOAL-table on friday; team spirit contest; making up an event checklist for
tea captains so they know what to bring/expect/etc. great idea!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
(there are seven of them  ;) )
LOVE YOU GUYS - LET'S GET OUR GOALS ACCOMPLISHED BY OUR NEXT MEETING ON
TUESDAY IN BAKER 512 AT 8! WAHOO! I LOVE CAPS LOCK!

Madeleine Stevens
E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
Public Relations Major
Relay for Life