[Relay-L] Meeting Minutes- April 21st, 2009

Tori Aber tori.aber at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 22:40:40 EDT 2009

Relay Committee Meeting
April 21st 2009
136 Bentley 8pm

*During the mission moment Hilary discussed Athens residents using the Hope Lodge and other services provided by American Cancer Society from money raised by fundraisers like Relay. Members shared personal stories and we all reflected on why we relay.
*Committees: Please email updates to Hilary by noon Mondays before meetings.
*Everyone where a relay shirt this Friday!!! April 24th
*Letter Writing Party was a big success with about 600 letters sent
*Bring checks to Bank Night or to meetings
*Red Bull will be at 19 South this Friday, April 24th, the entry fee goes to Relay for Life
*May 12th is the next Captain's Meeting
*We are close to $9000 raised (after expenses)!
*Make sure to pay Tracey for tee shirts if you haven't yet! There are in and can be picked up now
*We will be having a tye dying party for the committee tee shirts soon, no date yet
*This Friday, April 24th, in Baker the following people will be tabling
    11-12 Katie Mueller, Monica Rycher, Michelle Long
    12-1 Brittany Parsons, Courtney Cohen
    1-2 Ryan Haury, Kelley Ward, Audra Milliken
*April 28th, Tuesday, Kim Kohlhepp and Maddie will be handing out fliers at College Gate from 3-4

The following is more specific committee report updates:
Entertainment: Talked some with Adam- he may do it for free. One other option is in contact
Sponsorship: $223 from College Bookstore. Going to visit bars this week. Logos due April 27th.
Team Recruitment: 61 Teams! Need 24 more to meet goal. Tabling will help get the word out
Food and Beverage: Sent letter to JFS. It can take up to 3 weeks for them to reply. Pepsi is delivering pop the day of Relay. No word from Subway to donate for last captain's meeting. Hotdog machine will be used at Relay instead of a grill.
Public Relations: Updated group with spirit week information. Emailed Post and radio about advertisements. Check in again with them. Poster at College Gate for Spirit week

 The next meeting is April 28, 2009 136 Bentley at 8pm