[Qualtrics-users] Using Qualtrics as an assessment tool

Wallbaum, Donald wallbaum at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 13 13:25:10 EST 2014

Gentlefolk;

I develop eLearning for administrative staff. Typically this training is hosted on Blackboard since that has the cleanest implementation of Camtasia and Captivate that I use for this work.

Blackboard, however, has some quirks when it comes to using third-party tools for assessments. The reporting functions are wonky, with the SCORM attributes rather indifferently acknowledged.

I know that Qualtrics is a survey tool..but surveys are simply question-aggregation tools. They synthesize the data and report it. I wondered then if Qualtrics could be used as a quizzing/assessment tool with the ability to record that Bobby Bobcat scored 85% on an assessment given at the end at eLearning training for "Bobcat Cheer Recognition".

It may well be that, like Survey Monkey, this is just something Qualtrics is not designed to do..but it never hurts to ask.

Many thanks!

Don

__________________________
Don Wallbaum
Instructional Designer
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CF28BF.04CCA9E0]

Ohio University Project Portfolio Management Office
9 Factory Street
Athens OH 45701-2979
T: 740.593.0162
F: 740.593.0386 or 740.593-0669