[PsiChi/PsychologyClub] Psi Chi/Psychology Club ELECTIONS

Gloger, Elana eg323912 at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 13 18:08:35 EDT 2017

Welcome Back Psychology Bobcats!

This email contains information on our upcoming meeting and our executive board elections.

First, THIS WEDNESDAY at 7PM in Porter 104 we have a Senior Q & A session! Any and all questions that underclassmen and juniors have for current seniors in the department can be asked here. It will be pretty informal but it would be great if you came with questions. Some things to potentially ask about: what professors to take/advice with certain professors, honors thesis, research, fieldwork opportunities, grad school, GRE prep, etc. We will have free Avalanche Pizza and we can’t wait to see everyone!

Next, Today, March 13th, we are officially releasing information about the elections to our executive board next year. There is a document attached to this email that has a description of each of the position (NOTE: positions have changed since last year, so please look at this document before deciding on the position you are interested in!).

If you chose to apply for a position, please fill out this Qualtrics “application”: https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cGeOi2V9QpkCbVr

Please note that this is not an application to apply, but simply information necessary for the current exec board to see how many people are applying and to what position(s). By filling this out you are simply putting yourself on the official list to be voted on. In this survey we ask about why you want the position and we encourage that you save that for the day actual elections take place. If you would like to apply for two positions (in case you aren’t elected to one), please fill out a separate Qualtrics for each position you apply for. The last day to apply to run for a position is MONDAY MARCH 27TH AT NOON.

Executive board elections will take place this year on WEDNESDAY MARCH 29th at 7PM in Porter 104. We will start first with the election of President and go from there. Each person who has applied for a position will have 3-5 minutes to tell general members why they want to be elected and then those in attendance will vote and a winner for each position will be announced.

Even if you aren’t planning on running for a position, we strongly suggest your attendance to this meeting to ensure as many voices are heard in electing our board for next year!

Additionally, new Psi Chi members, if you have not paid your Psi Chi fee yet or if you have any questions regarding that, please contact Samantha Sinegar: ss986312 at ohio.edu<mailto:ss986312 at ohio.edu> -- Psi Chi fees for Spring Initiation are due TOMORROW!

If you have any questions about our upcoming meeting or about elections, please email me: eg323912 at ohio.edu<mailto:eg323912 at ohio.edu>

Enjoy the last 6 weeks of the semester! It’s going to fly by!

Elana M. Gloger
Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences
Psychology & Biological Sciences: Pre-Professional
Spanish Minor
President | Psi-Chi/Psychology Club
Learning Community Leader

Class of 2017