[Phiuregion1] Phi U Scholarship Information -- deadline is February 1, 2019

Paulins, Ann paulins at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 17 14:09:39 EST 2018

Greetings Phi U Collegiate and Alumni in Region 1 -

As the university winter breaks are getting underway, I thought it would be a good time to encourage Collegiate members to prepare application packets for the Phi U Scholarships, Fellowships, and Awards.

As I'm sure you know, the link to access instructions and the online application can be found on the website http://phiu.org.  Password to the website is college10; password to the Scholarships/Awards/Fellowships is SFA2019.

I encourage you to watch the webinar for great insight about preparing the applications:
https://unl.box.com/s/10vx3k99t02s326uq4bfsimpi0rjb8me

For everyone's convenience, I have created a PDF with the Application information - please use this as reference (and fill in correct info for your unit and university), preparing your information is WORD then copying and pasting into the application is a very good strategy so that you can complete the online work all in one sitting.

Additionally, I have created a document with the Scholarships, Fellowships, and Awards listed, so you can look through all of the opportunities and apply for those that fit your credentials and status. Here are 4 'easy' steps to take to ensure a high quality application by February 1, 2019:

Step 1: Order an official transcript from your university, noting to send after Fall 2018 grades are posted.

Step 2: Ask three people (advisor/employers/faculty) to serve as references for you and write a letter of recommendation for you to receive a Phi U Scholarship. [Look at the requirements for the scholarships and awards and tell your references what to address in their letters]. The requirements are for the letters to be put in business size envelopes, sealed, with the writer's signature over the seal line.

Step 3: Review the PDF of the Application information (attached). Write your information in a WORD document, then when you have everything done, copy and paste it into the online application (found at phiu.org), print the application, and have your Phi U chapter advisor sign it. -- then it will be ready for submission via the 'snail' mail.

Step 4: Review your entire application package with your Phi U Chapter advisor prior to February 1 so that s/he can confirm it is 'good to go' !

NOTE: if you apply for BOTH scholarships and awards - you need to do two separate applications and submit two separate file folders (so order 2 transcripts and ask references to make 2 copies of their letters of recommendation).
Happy holidays!

Ann Paulins (Region 1 Counsilor)

V. Ann Paulins
Senior Associate Dean - Research & Graduate Studies
Professor - Retail Merchandising and Fashion Product Development
102H McCracken Hall
Athens, OH  45701
ph: 740.593.0253
fax: 740.593.0569

Skype: ann.paulins

paulins at ohio.edu<mailto:e-mailname at ohio.edu>
www.cehs.ohio.edu<http://www.cehs.ohio.edu/>
http://www.facebook.com/PattonCEHS
http://twitter.com/PattonCEHS

[cid:image001.png at 01D399CE.7BA749B0]
The best student-centered learning experience in America