[Phipsi-l] More philanthropy stuff that you should still read this time

Carter, Benjamin bc172708 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 19 15:25:22 EDT 2010

 Yeah thats right, I'm totally gonna be that guy who sends multiple emails for one topic.
Anywho, there are a few more things to discuss (Hunter I have the same request sir):

1.) READ MY FIRST EMAIL

2.) Fuzzie football is Nov. 6th as I forgot to mention in my last email.

3.)The Chi-o girls are going to be selling grilled cheese and tomato soup in front of their house this Sunday the 24th from 12-3, raising money for the make-a-wish foundation. It's only $3 so it can't really count for an hour (unless you get 3), but we should still go and support a neighboring member of Greek Life.

4.) Capture the Cure:
This Friday, the 22nd, there will be games of capture the flag at Tailgreat Park (the big field across from both Peden and the Convo). Registration is only $1 (but it will still count as an hour as you are participating in something after that), with all proceeds going to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Registration starts at 3 p.m. and the first game will start at 4.

5.)Hoops for Hope:
The Student Alumni Board is hosting a 5 on 5 bball tournament coming up soon to raise money for the continuing tornado relief effort around Athens. Here is a message from the organizer containing the specifics:
The HOOPS FOR HOPE will be held on Friday, November 5th from 5:00PM - 9:00PM and on Saturday, November 6th from 12:00PM - 6:00PM.  There is a $20 per team registration fee. All proceeds from this event will be donated to our local Athens Tornado Relief Fund.  It would be so helpful to us and the Athens community if you would create 5 player teams within each of your fraternities and sororities.  If at least one team of 5 people from each of the 33 Greek Organizations on campus participated, we could far exceed our goal and be able to donate over $600 to the Tornado Relief Fund.

Clearly I would like to get a team together for this, so if I don't get 5 email replies soon I will bring it up in chapter.

PLEASE GET BACK TO ME, AS YOU CAN SEE THERE ARE PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES TO GET YOUR 5 HOURS THIS QUARTER, I WANT TO SEE EVERY BROTHER AND PLEDGE GET THEIRS.

Much Ruv,

Ben Carter
Philanthropy Chair
Phi Kappa Psi Ohio Nu