[Phipsi-l] I know several of you still need hours!

Carter, Benjamin bc172708 at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 1 13:29:26 EDT 2010

 Hey Guys, I have yet another email for you providing you knowledge about opportunities for hours. I really hope you're reading this if you still need hours, ESPECIALLY PLEDGES, there really is no excuse not to have your 5 hours this quarter, I've really been on you guys. Anywho, here goes:

1. Hoops for Hope!  I still have no one signed up for this which seems odd cause I know we have guys who like to play bball. Registration is due by THIS WEDNESDAY so let me know ASAP if anyone wants to get a team together.

2. Project of the Week- http://www.ohio.edu/communityservice/Project-of-the-Week.cfm
Description:  Volunteers needed to help with moving donated items to the new Disaster Distribution Center located in Athens.  This is a great project for groups! (Maybe a group of pledges who still need their hours?) This is part of the on-going Athens County Long Term Recovery Committee efforts!
 * you can sign up for this for this Wednesday (3rd) or this Friday (5th)!

3. Here is another event that we could get a group together for so I hope to get some replies back if anyone is interested:
Come help benefit the Regional Food Center/
Southeastern Ohio Food Bank. They need your help packing 4000 fresh food commodity boxes. These food boxes support Appalachian elderly in an eleven county region. This is a wonderful service opportunity for large groups.

This service activity involves working in an assembly line fashion filling food boxes. It is an ongoing project that will continue until all the boxes are filled. The Food Bank will provide everything that is needed to perform this service. Service participants should wear comfortable clothes and work shoes. Participants will be notified where to meet prior to the date of the activity via email.

Get back to me,

Ben Carter
Philanthropy Chair
Phi Kappa Psi Ohio Nu