[Phipsi-l] Some Spring Quarter Stuff

Jacob Mosher jm296207 at ohio.edu
Tue Mar 30 21:30:00 EDT 2010

Brothers,

	Here's some quick notes I want you all to know before I get into the
thick of this email. Chapter this coming weekend will be moved to
Monday, April 5th, because this Sunday is Easter and I foresee a good
amount of brothers arriving to school either late Sunday or early
Monday. So make sure you make note of this change. A couple girls from
AOPi will be coming to chapter to talk to us about their philanthropy
event, Ruby Run, and we need to discuss the conflict with Anchor
Splash and the white-water rafting trip. This is an important chapter
meeting to come to, so make sure you're there; I'm not going to accept
"I have to study" or "I have homework" as valid excuses for not being
at chapter.
	Also, I was just informed tonight that the lovely ladies of Chi Omega
are coming to serenade us tomorrow evening. I'm guessing they'll be
here between 8-10 pm, so come to the house around 7 and we'll brush up
on our songs so we don't look like tools when they arrive. Once again,
it's really important for everyone, especially the pledges, to come to
the house tomorrow night. We want to put on a good showing for the Chi-
Os.
	GET YOUR LEASES SIGNED!!!!!!! Brother Fuller has printed out 20 or so
hard copies of the lease, so if you need a copy just let him know. You
don't understand how important it is that we get these leases signed
and handed in; we don't even need the money just yet. The bank and our
house corp just need to see how many guys are committing to live in
the house next year. I'm going to set a deadline to get these turned
in: at chapter on April 11th. That gives you plenty of time to get a
copy to sign, fax the guarantor page to your parents and have them
sign it and fax it back. If you have any issues with this, let me know
and I will help you out. Also, it'd be a good idea for those of you
going home for Easter this weekend to have your parents sign it then.
I'll be sending out way too many emails reminding you guys of this and
bringing it up repeatedly when I see you; so if you want me to stop
annoying you about these leases, get them signed and get them handed
in to Ron.

	Now, I've got a couple pieces of information I need to tell you all
about, so bear with me.

	First off, the Greek Awards and Recognition celebration is Monday,
May 24 at 6:30 pm in the Baker Ballroom. We've had a poor showing to
this event in the past, so I really want us to nominate our chapter
and individuals in our chapter for the various awards; you can
nominate yourself for something or someone else. If you want to submit
a nomination, go to http://www.ohio.edu/campuslife/greek/Programs.cfm
and print out the specific nomination, fill it out, and hand it to me.
They all need to be turned in together, so if you want to submit a
nomination, do it THIS WEEK (it's better to get this done sooner than
later) and give it to me at this upcoming chapter and I will turn it
in to the Campus Involvement Center.
	The Leadership Awards Gala is on May 19th at 6:30 in the Baker
Ballroom. The nominations for this are due by April 6th (it's coming
up soon guys), so if you want to submit these nominations or apply
yourself, go to www.ohio.edu/leadership and clink on the links to fill
out the nomination form. Some of these awards are scholarships with
money attached, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to fill an application/
nomination out.

	Now let's talk about all the upcoming events we have in the next
couple of weeks.
	Greek Life is participating in Pride Week this year. On April 14th,
there is a Factual Flip Cup at College Gate (hosted by Rho Lambda and
Order of Omega) throughout the day, so if you're bored between classes
you can go check this out. That same day, April 14th, at 7:30pm in the
Baker Theater is Gays, Greeks, & Grape Juice, a play-like performance
with a short discussion and reception (with free food and drinks
hosted by GAMMA) to follow. Come out and show your support to these
events.
	Take Back the Night week is April 19-23, so if anyone wants to be
involved with this, just let me know or you can contact Liz Herron at eh364206 at ohio.edu
  and tell her you're with Phi Kappa Psi and want to get involved with
this week. If you have any questions about what Take Back the Night
is, feel free to ask me or any of the upperclassmen in the chapter.
	AOPi's Ruby Run is April 6th.
	ACACIA is having their 5CACIA 5K run on April 17th.
	Phi Delta Theta is having their ALS Walk on June 6th.
	We'll be having representatives from all these Greek organizations
coming and talking to us at our next couple of chapters to give us
more information on these philanthropy events. It's really important
that we support other Greek organizations philanthropies; it helps
unify our Greek life on campus and it will only improve the image of
fraternities and sororities. If we support their events, then there's
no doubt that they'll come to our future events and support us. If you
have any specific questions on these events, feel free to come find me
at the house or shoot me a text/phone call.

	On a happy note, Greek Week is May 2-7, so start getting pumped.
We're gonna take 1st place again this year, no doubt. So start
preparing yourself to bring your A-game. PHI PSI WILL DOMINATE AGAIN!

	And I will end this email with a quote that brothers Sapo and
Frederick brought back from Cabo, "A goal without a date is a dream. A
dream without action is a hallucination." If we want something to
happen, we need to take the steps and necessary actions to make sure
it gets done. From the sound of it, these brothers had a great time in
Cabo and came back with plenty of excellent ideas. Stop any of them
any time you see them and talk to them about their experience and what
they learned; passing on knowledge and experiences is one of the ways
we are going to improve our chapter and take the steps to become the
best fraternity on campus.

	I've got nothing but love for you guys.

Amici,

Jacob Mosher