[OUWC] Thanksgiving break/end of semester/Spring break/etc

Dumais, Carly cd624312 at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 21 17:10:01 EST 2016

Hello all:)

I just wanted to say great job on our first week of winter training! I was really impressed with the attendance. It's not always easy to wake up at 6am every morning. Novice, I know that most of you did your first 2k today. For those of you who did not, you will be doing yours at some point the week we get back from Thanksgiving break. That's including varsity. That being said, I would advise you guys to do some sort of physical activity when you are home. Obviously, eat so much food you can't move on Thursday... but on the other days try to go for a run, hop on a bike, or head to a gym back home.  We will have mandatory practice the week following Thanksgiving break, and then during finals week I'll come up with some non-mandatory/stress relieving options if people are interested (Like a yoga class, or hiking at the ridges if it's semi warm).

Something else I wanted to bring up is our spring training trip that we take every year. This is a mandatory trip that we do, and is crucial to our training for spring season. We get soooo much water time and it's really beneficial for our team. Plus we have a great time and bond for a week and its awesome [😊] [😊]  (Plus we will be in Sarasota, FL so that means warm weather) We will discuss this the Monday we get back from break at our general meeting. I can give you a rough estimate for costs and show you the breakdown of what goes into it. (Also, keep selling Yankee because that is going directly towards your personal costs). At this point if you know that you can't go please let me know as soon as possible. Reasons to not go would be things like studying abroad, you are in a wedding, internships, something that you are signed up for that is out of your control to change. Please let me know if you have any questions! Also, if you have any suggestions on a successful fundraiser that you have done in the past for another organization, I think it would be a good idea to do one more thing that can go directly to our spring break funds.

Again, great job this past week! I'll see some of you tomorrow morning for practice. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Carl

Patton College of Education

Restaurant, Hotel, and Tourism

Ohio University Class of 2017