[OUWC] Summer Workout and other things

Hipp, Alexis ah661711 at ohio.edu
Wed Jul 29 22:44:33 EDT 2015

Herrrrooooo everyone!

I hope you're all having a fantastic summer and enjoying yourselves! There's several reminders in this email so please read the whole thing.

First things first, I've had several requests for workouts for the rest of the summer so I've attached about 4 weeks worth with this email. There's erging, running, biking, swimming, lifting, and abs all included. If you don't have access to an erg, I know not everyone does, then you can run or bike it at least. It's pretty well explained but if you have any questions just let me know. Remember the fall is 5K's so that means a little more distance than what we just came off of from the spring, so building endurance is important. I know not everyone has been working out over the summer, and that's ok, but please start now and you'll be thankful when we start the season.

Second, everyone needs to fill out their AOR's again on Imleagues.com<http://Imleagues.com>. it might still show your old one, but you need to create and submit a new one. In the top right corner of your old AOR their should be a button that says create new copy or something like that. Click that and just fill it in. It'll probably be the same information and that's ok, but club sports needs new and updated copies from everyone. And keep in mind you can't practice without one so make sure it's done before you come back to school.

Third, if you haven't sent your schedule to Casey yet, please do so soon! We only got a few from you guys and we need everyones to be able to plan practice times. Like I said before if you think your schedule might change, that's ok, just give us what you've got now. Also, if you're not planning on rowing in the fall, please let me know so I can take you off of the roster for club sports. As you all know we have to get a certain amount of community service hours based on the numbers from our roster.

That brings me to my fourth point, community service hours! I know several of you have volunteered at various places this summer and that's wonderful! I ask that you get in contact with Virginia to see how to add outside hours through club sports.

Lastly, bedlofts! Everyone's favorite [😝]  The first shift of bed lofts starts on Thursday, August 13th through Sunday, August 16th. And then again the following week from Thursday, August 20th through Saturday August 22nd. I know several of you are already here in Athens so there shouldn't be a problem with you getting/being there. For those of you who aren't in Athens already, I still expect you to be there. You've had these dates since the spring and this is our biggest fundraiser of the year. If you have a problem with these dates, you need to speak to Emily ASAP! And if anyone needs to move in early because of this also let Emily know. And for anyone who needs a place to crash, our house is always open.

I think that's everything for now, I'm sorry this was so long! I'll be in touch with you guys as the school year gets closer. I'm really excited to see you all and for this upcoming year!

See you soon,

Lex [😊]

Lexi Hipp
Patton College of Education
Middle Childhood Education Science and Social Studies
Ohio University Class of 2017
Ohio University Women's Crew, President