[OUWC] RACE FOR A REASON

Kreiman, Elisa ek365210 at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 24 13:05:02 EDT 2014

Hello ladies,

    Today I'm excited to announce our newest fundraising campaign: Race for a Reason! We will be joining the OHIO community in the largest charity-based Race Event in Athens to raise funds and awareness for our cause! First we need to pick a cause that we are passionate about, raise funds, and let Race for a Reason do the dirty work.

    ?Because Race for a Reason takes place during MACRA, we are in an unusual situation, fortunately the organizers of Race for a Reason are excited and willing to work with us. Even though we physically won't be here to participate in a race, our race at MACRA counts as our Race for a Reason. So, we will sign up as race participants like everyone else, but we will be racing at MACRA instead. We will still be able to use the Race for a Reason fundraising platforms to gain funds for our team and a charity of our choosing.

    Before we launch our fundraising page, we must pick a charity to donate to. Below I have descriptions of some of the charities we discussed. Please look them over and let me know by Wednesday night after SAS which charity you would like our team to raise money for. Once we have established our cause, I will let you guys know when our fundraising page goes live and how to begin the fundraising process.Thanks for bearing with me through this email. Please let me know of your choice before Wednesday night.

Thank you,

Wounded Warrior Project: To honor and empower Wounded Warriors. To foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation's history. To raise awareness and enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members.To help injured service members aid and assist each other.

To provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Project Bliss: Eating Disorders: Awareness + Assistance.Project Bliss is devoted to increasing eating disorder awareness and availability of resources. We offer a community home for eating disorder treatment, with options from individual outpatient services to 24-hour accommodations. As a non-profit 501(c)3, Project Bliss also teams with those in the community who are dedicated to promote awareness of and affordable treatment for eating disorders through volunteering and fundraising efforts. Specifically To keep her giving spirit alive, the Anne Marie Bowe Memorial Scholarship Fund was established to provide financial assistance to others in pursuit of eating disorder recovery and a healthy lifestyle at Project Bliss. ?

http://theblissproject.com/project-bliss/

http://www.runforbliss.myevent.com/3/adbook.htm

My Sister's Place: MSP believes that all persons have a right to a violence-free life. MSP is committed to advocating for those policies and practices that promote safety and self-determination for persons who are battered and/or abused. Recognizing the link between domestic violence and other forms of oppression, MSP remains committed to collectively working toward equality and justice.

 http://www.mspathens.org/

Athens County Dog Shelter: The only dog shelter in Athens County that provides and finds homes for the dogs. http://www.co.athensoh.org/Dog_Shelter.html

Autism Speaks: The world's leading autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Elisa Kreiman
Ohio University Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education
Middle Childhood Mathematics and Social Studies Major
Ohio University Collegiate Middle Level Association
Ohio University Women's Crew, Fundraising Chair
Class of 2015