[OUWC] Important Information

Dean, Megan md234006 at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 24 16:09:17 EST 2013

Hey ladies,

I know that some of you weren't able to make it to this mornings practice due to sickness so I wanted to let you know a few of the requests that I have for you all from now on:

 - When you're done with your run, please, come down stairs and actively stretch. I have noticed that some are sitting there passively stretching. Stretching is important, but is more important after the workout has been completed. Therefore, we'll be stretching the main muscles (quads, hamstrings, and hip flexors) and then do a longer stretch after the practice is over. Your flexibility is super important when we get onto the water, you'll be able to have longer reach and we will further prevent injuries.

- Eat before you get to practice. By eating before you get there you are allowing your body to wake up and will feel more energized. You'll also be burning the energy from the food you've consumed rather than from your muscles.

- Finally, if you're not at practice it is now your responsibility to contact one of the coaches to figure out what we did that day. You're all responsible adults and we want to treat you that way. Once you have finished your piece, you'll need to send us a picture of your erg screen.

Please, please send both myself and Camyel your schedules if you have not already. It's super important for when we get the boats and we start doing water practices.

See you in the morning,

Megan