[OUWC] Tuesdays Practice

Gurnick, Genevieve gg499010 at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 11 09:52:37 EDT 2012

Hey girls,

Here's the erg workout. Hopefully we get to get on the water soon!

2x6,000 meters. This should be done between a 16-18 SPM at 80% pressure. Your heart rate should be up.
    5 minutes of rest in between the two pieces.

SLOW RECOVERY! It should feel like you're getting a short break in between each stroke. I challenge you to see how many meters you can knock down with each stroke. You'll notice that the stronger and faster your drive is and the slower your recovery is the more meters you'll get rid of. Shoot for 10 meters each time.

I know it sounds like a lot but fall is the season for long pieces and getting your heart rate up. You guys will be aerobically fit machines by the time winter comes around. :)

Have a good day!
Megan and Savannah