[OUWC] Minutes 1/25/12

Lubbers, Ellen el181107 at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 27 00:24:37 EST 2012

Hey Ladies!

Minutes!

Savannah-
We do a bed loft fundraiser in the fall and spring.  Spring is really easy, just sit at a table and check off names.  MARK YOU CALENDARS NOW! June 2nd. 2012 from 11-6:30pm.  You won't have to work the whole time, but plan to keep that day free!  It's a good time to work on studying for finals!  WE may also need a few girls on June 1st, from about 12-3, so keep that in mind too.

Maddie-
Apparel- IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE MEETING or did not order apparel with MAddie E MAIL HER NOW! She will be ordering everything before the next meeting, so if you don't talk to her, you won't get any apparel, and that is no fun!

Ellen-
Camp Bob contracts were signed.  If you do not know yet or you have not signed a contract yet due to not being at the meeting, TALK TO ME! If you have reservations due to finances, talk to me.  Payment plans can make it feasible.  You CAN pay later, even in the fall, as long as you talk to Asa and make a payment plan!
Costs will be about $300 for the camp itself and about $100 for transportation. (Both of those are over estimates)

All Exec-  We will be starting nominations for next year's exec board next week, so consider the position and talk to the current exec if you want to know more!  You can nominate yourself (many people do!) and you can decline a nomination if you're not interested.  Being on exec is really fun and you have a strong role in where the team is moving, but it is also a commitment.  If you are elected to exec, you are expected to row the entire next year!

Voting will not happen until mid-spring season, but you'll need to shadow a little bit for the positions you're interested in the first few weeks of spring!

We made goals! Read below and e-mail Savannah with more ideas!

<3 Ellen

GOALS:
-Thermometers for service hours and fundraising activity: put on PPT!
-Better communication!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-More bonding activities: team dinners (consistent), tiempo libres(sober), ping classes together!
-Communication with those that cannot do SPRING but will be back in the FALL
-A team award at the Club Sports banquet!!
-As a team, put more in to practice-- do everything you can to aid the team in development
-Non-tiempo libre bonding with the men’s team
-BUY A NEW (to us) BOAT!
-Purchase 2 new cox-boxes and some slings
-Strouds picnic
-Have at least 5 people place at ergattas
-Study tables and lib dates
-Campfire @ BOB!
-Work on balance and rush issues in boat
-Stronger cores
-Beat whomever we scrimmage at BOB
-Consistent positive attitudes!
-If there is a problem, address it immediately to avoid confusion
-”Plant positive seeds”- RK
-Welcome the novice!!
    -Varsity are sweet VAS
    -Novice are pretty sweet NAPS
    -Full team bonding
-Those who don’t have 8ams, stay for a post-workout stretch.. FRIDAY DINING HALL BFASTS?!?
-Positive cheering on of teammates; encouraging--be aware of how people respond