[OUWC] Minutes! SEND ME YOUR SCHEDULES FOR EXAMS!

Lubbers, Ellen el181107 at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 23 00:01:24 EST 2012

Savannah-
BOAT pick up for bob: 3/10.  You must come! If you cannot, e-mail Savannah explaining why and exec will approve (as long as its reasonable).  (We will all have exams to study for.  That is not a valid excuse.)  We're telling you now so you can plan and you'll have ALL day on Sunday. :)  It won't take too long, just an hour once we're there!

Apparel still not in- bummer.

Team dinner on Friday @ Megan G.’s at 7pm! If you were not at the meeting, e-mail Kate (KS177109) and she'll tell you what to bring! Megan's address is:
366 Richland Ave (Courtyard)
apt:2401

72-hr rule in effect tonight for OSU

Pictures will be sometime during finals week...  SEND ELLEN YOUR FINALS WEEK SCHEDULE so we can plan practices/meetings/pictures!

Fundraising-

Mom’s weekend pancake breakfast

NO Red Brick tomorrow! (Silly conflict with the mangers...)

But, we're doing Red Brick on the  6th! It’s early in the week (Tue ) when a lot of people don’t go out... we’ll have to invite like crazy!!! If you were not at the meeting but you CAN help on Tues 6th (4:30- 8:15), let Steph G (sg246007) know!

We might be doing Bw3's too!

We're revamping the rent-a-rower flier to hopefully get more $$$$

Maddie-
Apparel still not it, meh.
In spring, we race in uni's and skinz. We are trying to collect used uni's to lower the cost.  Skinz (tight under armor-like shirts) are not required, but are nice to have.  Sometime we must all dress alike.  If it is really cold, we might have you wear another person's skin to avoid the whole boat freezing.  Be aware that these costs are coming!

Asa-
Fees for Cinci today!
You will not receive apparel until you are all paid up!
Dues for Boston and Parkersburg will be due next week- Asa will send out numbers.  (Gas for Boston only $40/person! Nice!)

Ellen-
OSU this weekend- rides may be tight!
Itinerary out tomorrow!

Coach wants to have meeting with Camp Bobbers during finals week

Practice during finals week-- plan on it (maybe not in AM, but sometime!)

Spring is more fun and more serious than winter/fall.  You don't have to have a dry season, but act responsibly.  Your whole boat is depending on you and if you can't come to practice or are hungover or whatever, we all are stuck with the consequences.  If you go out on Thursday, you must be at practice Friday. If you're sick from going out, it's by your own doing.  If you come to practice still dunk, you will not be allowed to row and will be running from the time we arrive until the time we leave.  Not that we expect issues, but: Don't get arrested, don't get sick, don't get in trouble, and don't get hurt.
We're not trying to be grinches, just trying to make spring as successful for the whole team as possible!

We will need lots of drivers and copilots for driving to Bob.  If you do not feel comfortable driving, let me know.  If you don't even want to copilot, let me know that too, (with a reason!).  If there is someone on the team that you do not feel comfortable/safe driving with, send ME and e-mail. Other than that, I will be assigning drivers and copilots...
There will be some driving rules...  NO texting (have the copilot do it), drive between the speed limit and 5 over, don't do anything crazy, stay with the caravan, copilot MUST stay awake (even if the driver says you can sleep), copilot is in charge of directions, directions must be followed (even if your GPS sends you another way) etc.

Spring Regatta Schedule:
Possibly Cincinnati Regatta:
4/7- Cincinnati, OH
        - We had been planning on this, but due to much concern over a regatta Easter weekend, we will look into it.
        - Just a day trip

SIRA
4/20-4/21- Oak Ridge, TN
        -Stay in YMCA
        -Weekend trip, will miss Friday classes

GOV CUP
4/28- Charleston, WV
        -One day trip or we can stay there Friday night and camp out... to be determined

Dad Vail
5/11-5/13 (potentially finals on Sunday)- Philadelphia, PA
        -Long trip, Thurs-Sunday
        -FUN!

Alumni Row
5/19- Athens, OH!