[OUWC] 2/1 Minutes! READ THEM!

Lubbers, Ellen el181107 at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 2 18:15:51 EST 2012

Hello Dears!!!

I hope you're all having a WONDERFUL evening! Enjoy the minutes! (This means read them, esp if you were not at the meeting! ;) )

Savannah

We're getting info on a LW Wintech 2009 8. From CA but coming to CT so our rep can check it out. Should be in our price range, a good fit. We have first dibbs! Yay!

(As we move towards buying, keep in mind we should keep up the fundraising. We've got enough for a decent used boat, but we'll need oars soon and coxboxes and slings... and maybe if we get a big donation we could spring for a nicer boat... so keep up the work!)

Steph

Our mailing campaign is doing well! About $2000 already! WhoopWhoop!

UP the promotion of rent-a-rower! Only 1 person has been making money! That's no good! Remember that the more fundraising we do, the cheaper the regatta season will be for YOU!

Red Brick: 4:30-8 Feb 6th
Sarah H.
Angela
Steph
Genevieve
Alex
Maddie

Red Brick: 4:30-8 Feb 23rd
Ellen
Asa
Chelsey
Savannah
Leah

If you can add to the Feb23rd Red Brick day, DO! More people= more tips= more$$$$$

Maddie-

Nice work with the swim meet! We'll have an hours update next week! Some people are done! WOW!
Don't forget EVERYONE has to have 20 hours by the end of the year!

ARTSwest is still in the works

Possible Goodworks Friday Night Life dinner! Super fun; you cook a yummy healthy dinner then serve it and eat with people.

Ellen

BOB CONTRACTS!
These are the people who have turned them in-
Badach, Hailie
Bales, Savannah
Barnes, Chelsey
Boselovic, Sarah
Busken, Kaila
Copley, Gabby
Dahl, Asa
Fink, Michele
Gegesky, Megan
Gurnick, Genevieve
Hinkelman, Sarah
Lubbers, Ellen
Ludu, Dana
Morales, Ana
Schmidlin, Kate
Thoburn, Katie
Wagner, Becky
Wilson, Shelby
Woodruff, Leah
Young, Camyel

These are the people who have not turned them in, but are planning on coming-

Rider, Carrie
Kin, Hillarie
Martinez, Karen

These are the ones who are still deciding...
Cychosz, Lizy
(Bobst, Caroline)
(Friend, Erin )

If you were not at the meeting you MUST tell me what erg races you'll be going to! Do at least 2, the 3rd is optional, but suggested. Also let me know if you can drive, and if you will be coming to and from with the team!

Spring class scheduling-
Keep our spring schedule when you register for classes! We'll have practice every morning, and will be back in time for 8ams.  We'll leave sometimes for regattas on Thursday or Friday, so try to avoid many classes on those days, esp afternoons! If you have labs, try your hardest to avoid putting a lab on a Friday! You'll have university excuses so you professors will have to let you make up missed work, but try to avoid issues.  If you can't help it, don't worry about it!

US Rowing registration!
The following people still need to register for USRowing!  Directions below!

Kaitlyn
Dana
Gabby
Kaila

To register...

a.     Go to https://rosters.usrowing.org

b.     Under Athlete, enter our club code: 7PMMU

c.      Follow the prompts, sign your waiver, done.

If you have any questions about Bob or spring or anything, ASK ME! :)

NOMINATIONS!!!
Email any nominations to Savannah. If you don't want to be nominated for something, tell Savannah to take you off. You CAN nominate yourself!!! (I do!)

Official bob countdown:
43 days, 9 hours, 47 minutes, 47 seconds

See you all in the morning!

Ellen