[OUWC] September 13 Meeting Notes

justine reichley justine_reichley12 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 14:07:13 EDT 2011

Yo,

Hope all is well! Sorry that I didn't get this to you sooner. Here are the general meeting notes...

-Assumption of Risk forms need to be filled out and turned into Savannah ASAP!

-Dues are $65 due on September 27. If you can't make this payment, you need to contact Asa before the 27th...not ON the
 27th. Her email is ad391309 at ohio.edu. Cash or check. If check, please make out to Ohio University Women's Crew.

-Please register on Regatta Central. The website is RegattaCentral.com/athletes. It will take you to a page and ask for a code and your last name. The code is AP-412573. Be sure to click F for Female. Haha! If you have any questions, shoot someone off exec an email.

Season Schedule

-September 25 cookout at Strouds at 6:00pm

 ~we will make a sign up list for who's bringing what dish. Varsity will
 be in charge of meat and buns. Novice will bring sides and drinks. This
 will be discussed more in detail at the next meeting.
-October 1st Head of the Ohio:
 only Varsity is competing, however, novice are more
 than welcome to attend to get a feel for what a regatta's like. This
will also be discussed more in a week or two. Varsity may stay with Jill
 depending on how much room, etc.
-October 15th Speakman regatta in Columbus OH

Novice and Varsity will be racing!! Ellen's family said that they could host dinner after the races before we all head back to Athens. Free food? Can I get an AMEN?!

I put everyone who was at the meeting on listserve. :-)

We discussed Fundraising and Community service ideas.
 Some mentioned were work at swim meets, ball girl, Arts West, and Adopt
 a Highway. Fund-raising...Pick up cans, trash for cash, 3 Musketeers,
buy parts of a boat, video game contest, wrapping paper, rent a rower,
sell sunglesses, etc. Bring more ideas to the next meeting!

By laws- Read through, sign, and bring them to Savannah as soon as you can.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Justine