[Ouwcrew-l] 2/23/2011 Minutes!

Lubbers, Ellen el181107 at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 24 15:39:38 EST 2011

Hey girls!
If you were not at the meeting:

·        Tell ME your…

o   cell # (If I don’t have it)

o   E-mail if you don’t use the OU one

o   If you need a ride TO and/or FROM erg sprints

o   If you can drive to erg sprints

o   # of people who can fit in your car, including you

o   If you can drive for spring practices

o   Green/ where you’ll be picked up in spring

o   What year you are

o   And if you have any food restrictions

·        Read over the nominations (attached spreadsheet) and tell me if you have any additions, or if you’d like to be removed from any of the lists…  Remember you will need to shadow ALL positions you will be running for!

·        Give me your ‘I read the by laws’ paper, if you haven’t already.

·        Talk to Jen about sweats sizes

Minutes!

Ellen:

·        By-laws!

o   We voted on some changes to the by-laws…

o   Elections will he held week 5 of spring, with shadowing before elections, and dual-exec after

o   Meetings can be bi-weekly during winter and when there are no regattas, decided by exec

o   Safety officer and equipment manager are non-elected positions, but required by the team

o   Updated version is attached!

·        I think I am going to make a google calendar for us with all our evens and whatnot on it…  so watch for that!

Savannah:

·        Nice work turning in all you paperwork and cashmonies for the erg sprints!!!

·        Savannah had the heat sheets and itineraries printed off, we will have a few extras when we meet to leave if you need/want one.

·        Parking may be expensive/ inconvenient.  Be prepared.

·        We are leaving Ping at 9:30am…  as in wheels rolling, so be there at 9:20am.  Anyone not there at 9:25 will owe coach a 2k, in addition to the normal team wall sits! DON’T BE LATE!!!!

·        We will be wearing black spandex, grey OU rowing shirts, and tennis shoes to the erg sprints.  If you don’t have the gray OU crew shirts, ask someone to borrow one or wear another OU shirt, ideally grey.

·        Bring munchies, water, sweats, etc! (maybe some hmwk or something, we’ll have a big break before Jen’s race)

·        Schedule:

o   12:30 Lightweight Novice

o   12:40 Open Novice

o   1:00 Lightweight open

o   1:20 Open

o   2:30 Coxie-poos!

Autumn:

·        Don’t give her any money except at meetings! It’s a lot of work to keep all of our team finances in order, make it easy for her! Turn stuff in on time and at meetings!

Maddie:

·        Look at the e-mail she sent out! Fill out all needed addresses THIS WEEK! Come on, girls, this is how we keep our dues reasonable! We all have to help!

·        LOFTS!-

o   We will be manning tents Saturday June 4th, 11AM to 6:30PM.

o   Lunch is provides, as is a t-shirt

o   You can bring all your stuff to study!

o   Long day but lots of money too!

o   You’ve got lots of notice, so keep this day open!!!

Kate:

·        Jessi Z., one of our WONDERFUL alumni wrote us a super-nice letter, and sent a donation.   If you know Jessi, thank her!

·        We got excellence funding, YAY! (Though the interviewers were scary! Nice work to the girls who handled it well and got us the monies!!!)

Jen:

·        We’re moving along with the service hours, we need 400 and we have 218, without ARTSWest! NICE WORK!

·        We may be using some practice time or a rigging day in the spring to do a Strouds Clean-up! (They put up with a lot from us, we need to give back!)

 Funfact:

JUST 23 days til Camp Bob!!!!!! :D