[Ouwcrew-l] Get Excited for ELECTIONS :D

Dean, Megan md234006 at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 17 21:11:45 EST 2011

Hey girls!

I wanted to letcha know that we will be holding elections for your Executive positions soon. :) Nominations will be Wednesday, February 23rd during the general meeting and elections will be during the Exec. meeting the next week. PLEASE be there, and if you are unable to and want to run for a position please send me an e-mail telling me the position. Also, don't limit yourself to running for just one position, you can run for as many as you'd like.

You also don't need to have any experience ... just a love for the team.

Here's a little ditty about each of the positions:

    President
        - Run both Executive and General meetings
        - Liasion between Coach and the team
        - Work closely with each Executive member
            - provide the members with deadlines and make sure they perform their positions
        - Work with the men's team president

    Vice President
- Send a quartly letter to the alumni and communicate with them as much as possible.
- Keep open lines with the men's team.
-  Ensure everything is going as planned and help out when the president is unable to be at
meetings or events.

    Treasurer
        - Makes Deposits, collects money, writes disbursements
        - Make sure everyone is up to date with payments
        - Keeps finances organized, keeps the books

    Secretary
        -Arranged rides for practice, regattas, etc.
        -Kept track of when drivers drove (autumn and I were going to arrange something in
the spring for reimbursement for the drivers...1$ for each day or something)
        -Reserved rooms for meetings
        -Kept meeting minute notes, sent them out, and kept a record of them
        -Kept track of attendance for meetings (at times for functions such as community service and
fundraisers)
        -Maintained contact information for the team (both the varsity and novice)
        -Supervised a few 5ks for members who missed practice
        -Maintained the forms stating that each member of the team read and understood the 3 documents
(Constitution, Code of Conduct, and By-Laws)

    Regatta Chair
        - Talk about regattas
        - Run our regattacentral account
        - Get people signed up online for their waivers on regattacentral
        - Keep close contact with the coach and president about schedules for regatta days, and
            submitting line-ups
        - I do a lot more in the Spring than Fall or Winter
        - Sign us up for erg sprints in the Winter
        - Send in our USRowing affiliation at the end of the year
        - Submit the online payments for regattas
        - Organize our spring season
        - Call for vans for Camp Bob
        - Contact person for Camp Bob and do everything involved with organizing that
        - Make travel packets (itineraries, directions, packing lists)
        - In charge of reserving vans, hotels, and organizing all included in travel
                It's fun. Do it. Woo

    Fundraising

-       Responsible for organizing and carrying out fundraising activities that help fund the team in travel, new equipment, and repairs

    Public Relations
        - Update the website
        - Work with the president to set up recruitment days and meetings
        - Create flyers
        - Create a display for the fall "New Student Walk-Through" (College Green)

    Equipment Manager
-Keep track of all existing equipment and fix boats when needed.
- Buy parts and be responsible for what we have and need.
- Keep open communication with coach about equipment.

Have a good night! See you in the morning!!
    - Megan