[Ouwcrew-l] FW: SOEIT1_CIC: Teach for America Announcement

Dean, Megan md234006 at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 20 16:18:52 EDT 2010

________________________________
From: Anna Addington [addingto at ohio.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:28 PM
Subject: SOEIT1_CIC: Teach for America Announcement

All responses to this announcement should be sent to Colleen.Crawford at teachforamerica.org.

1 in 10 students from low-income communities will graduate from college. Through your leadership and academic achievement, you have the ability to change this and shift the inheritance for over a hundred students whose future prospects have been reduced to the determining factor of what zip code they are living in. Twentieth century philosopher, Allan Bloom, stated, "Education is the movement from darkness to light." Teach For America has been touted by politicians on Capitol Hill as the largest social injustice movement of our generation. There are two types of people in the world: those that realize the social injustices and educational gaps of our generation and those that do something about it. Which type will you be? What impact will you have post-graduation?

Teach For America's 3rd Deadline: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

Be a part of our generation's largest social injustice movement.
Gain an insider’s peek into the educational inequities within our nation: “Waiting for Superman”
Apply at www.teachforamerica.org.

Contact colleen.crawford at teachforamerica.org for more information.