[Ouwcrew-l] Cedar Point Girls...READ ME READ ME READ ME!!!

Fisher, Sara sf109808 at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 18 17:49:56 EDT 2010

Hey ladies,
    Please look over all of this.  Ya I know it is a lot to cover but here are some things to remember to bring:

-Sheets (fitted and regular)
-blanket/sleeping bag
-pillow
-towel
-shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste/toothbrush, etc.
-khaki/light colored pants
-white shoes/shoes that are 90% white
-you cannot wear earring that are in the cartilage, industrials, etc.
**it is gonna be cold cause you're going to be right on the lake (it gets really cold when the sun goes down, trust me =] ) so bring a sweatshirt/jacket that is either OU Crew or OU sweatshirt/hat etc

-you will be staying @ their dorms (Commons right before the CP Causeway *there is a little footbridge that goes over the road...dorms will be on the left, you park on the right)
            ~Check into dorms B4 going to orientation
**************OH and fyi there is NO internet in their dorms so if you have anything that is needed to be done online, get it done before you head to CP.**********

Hi Ride Pride Volunteers,
I just wanted to let you know that I received your volunteer  list and remind you that good communication is the key to a successful fundraiser for your organization.  Please forward this to your volunteers.
DROPS AND ADDS only in an Email from today on.
Please CHECK IN to Housing BEFORE coming into the Park on Friday night to avoid long lines after closing.  We run orientation continuously till 10:00 on Friday night, so go to housing first, then come to the park for training.

Males will be staying in our Cedars Dormitory next to the Park.  The Cedars is not heated, so bring sweats to sleep in and  blankets.

Females will be in the Commons, before you cross the Cedar Point Causeway, turn at McDonalds to get to the parking lot. (refer to directions in your packet.)

Drug Testing: Many of you will need to take a urine drug test upon arrival, so please do not empty your bladders until you get to First Aid.  If you are on Prescription medications, you must produce the prescription for verification against the drug screen.

EMAIL CHANGES TO ME:  Now that I have your list:  if you have any changes, please email ONLY THE NAMES TO DROP OR ADD  no later than 8:00 a.m. Friday morning.  Once I have your list typed into the computer, if you send me a whole new list, I have to go through it name by name and try to figure out what is different.  It is time consuming and confusing.  I am working with over 300 names per weekend, and do not need the extra work!

Thank you so much for meeting my Monday morning deadline, I can now enjoy one full day off this week!
I cannot stress enough that you MUST distribute and review the information sheets with each volunteer.  It reflects negatively on you not to pass on this information, thus bringing in a group that is not properly prepared, groomed, etc.  Bonus may be forfeited due to lack of information passed on to volunteers prior to arrival.
Please keep in mind these ten items:
1.      HOUSING BEHAVIOR:  Please watch the quiet hours and drinking in the dorms.  We are enforcing rules and charging for damages that may occur.  Do not let this interfere with your fundraising.  (For those of you with long drives i.e. Ferris,  on Sunday evening, it is especially important to get some rest so that your group gets back to school safely.)
•       (I would like to take this time to warn you that our housing is somewhat intimidating:  barbed wire fencing, guard booths and concrete buildings.  This is for the safety of all who live there and to keep those who do not live there out of the buildings.  The buildings are less than 10 years old,  have heating and air conditioning, and you stay there for free.  I am just mentioning this because a few groups have been alarmed).
•      Most  rooms sleep three people in each.  You will be able to choose who you want to stay with when you check in.  BRING TWIN SHEETS, blankets, Towels & PILLOWS.
•      Housing check out time is BEFORE WORK on Sunday.

2.      DRESS APPROPRIATELY:  Check the weather and dress appropriately.  All Ride Pride volunteers must be wearing khaki pants (no cargo pants, please.). (You may wear jeans on Friday night for Orientation.)  Current weather reports are chance of showers (we have raingear if you need it) and  highs in  the   50’s  and lows around 45 degrees this weekend, so  dress accordingly, make sure to bring jackets, gloves, hats or sweatshirts for night.   Bring hats and sunglasses.  Hats should be in good condition, not faded or frayed.  You can  wear your organization logos!
3.      HOUSING CHECK IN:  Remember to stop at housing and check in prior to coming into the park on Friday night if you reach town before 6:00.
•     You can enter  the Employee Housing Parking lot by turning right at McDonalds, going about 2 blocks and taking a left on E Street.  The entrance to the parking lot is ¾ down the road/alley.  Go across the bridge to the housing complex.
4.      PARKING:  Park at the Space Spiral.  Do not go to HR.
5.      CEDAR POINT is SUBSTANCE FREE:  Volunteers must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while working.
6.      18 years of Age:  Each volunteer must show proof that they are at least 18 years of age to live at Cedar Point and operate a ride or work in our haunted houses.  Please remind each member of your group to bring photo ID/proof of age.

7.      EAT BEFORE ORIENTATION:  You may want to stop and get something to eat before orientation. It is hard to concentrate when your stomach is growling.
8.      EVERYONE ON YOUR ROSTER MUST WORK THE ENTIRE WEEKEND.  Our program is dependent upon each person attending Orientation Training on Friday night and on the job training Saturday morning and then working all day Saturday and through 9:00 pm on Sunday.  We cannot tolerate job sharing.  People who leave prior to Sunday night at 9:00 without prior approval from me before you arrive at Cedar Point may forfeit bonus for the entire group.  If you have a member who is not available the entire weekend, please leave them at home.
9.      RIDE ASSIGNMENTS:  Are made on a first come / first serve basis.  If we have more people arrive than are needed in rides, members of your group may be asked to assist in staffing in our other departments.  Our first priorities are Sweeping, Entrance gates  and traffic control. These two departments may allow more generous break time for enjoyment of the park, when not needed on the job.  Food Services may also assist us in giving you fundraising positions.  Please remember that this is only two days of your life and approach the jobs with professionalism and enthusiasm while making money for your group.  The groups who are last to arrive, may be assigned elsewhere.
10. NO PROFANITY IN THE WORKPLACE.  Please ensure your volunteers know this.
Please send  the address that you would like the check sent to.  You should receive the check within ten days of your work date.  Please email this to me with the name of the person to send it to as well.

Just a warning:  If we have ANY situations of people walking off the job or disrespecting Cedar Point policies, you will not receive a bonus and any future bookings will be cancelled.  We have too many groups wanting to work to have to tolerate problems.  Please ensure that all members comply and understand that this is a business opportunity for your organization.

RIDE PRIDE:  Friday evening, we will have two supervisors on duty to conduct orientation, we would like this completed no later than 11:00, it takes two hours.  So the latest, that any one should arrive would be 8:30 or 9:00.  If you have people that cannot make it by 9:00, please do not make them come.  If you want to relay travel problems you may be having, call 419-627-2301 and ask that a message be left for the supervisor checking in Ride Prides,  on approximate arrival time.  Some of you have people who are already returning for a second time this season,  we still ask that you stop by   Park Services to check in, get your ride assignment and shirt.  If this is the first time you have worked in 2010, you will still be required to be in the entire orientation session.

Volunteering for a weekend at Cedar Point is hard and exhausting work.  You will learn a lot, meet a lot of new people, but Saturday is a long day and many of you have a long drive home on Sunday.  We are very strict with our safety policies and expectations of each of you, and hope that our dedication to safety and following procedures to keep our guests and volunteers safe is not taken as being mean.

The park will be open for you to enjoy our Halloweekend celebration after your orientation
Sara L Fisher