[Ouwcrew-l] I guess I attached it incorrectly

Bales, Savannah sb295208 at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 13 20:15:53 EDT 2010

Hey girls,

The attachement is working for any of you. I think it might just be my computer. My e-mail has been acting up lately and won't let me attach things. So, I just put the itinerary in the body of this e-mail for everyone!

Have a wonderful night,
Savannah

Speakmon Itinerary.

Hey girls! Last regatta of the season (minus the Halloween row)!! Below are the list of race times for us, as well as the guys, the tentative schedule for the day, weather, list of things to bring and directions to the regatta.

Races:
Event 8 (9:20AM): Men’s Open 4+ (A, and B)
    Lineup: R. Flynn, C. Spencer, A. Witte, T. Ardrey (cox: V. Incorvaia)
    Lineup: A. Holland, R. Clark, A. Schrock, B. Guider (cox: S. Todak)

Event 13 (9:50AM): Women’s Collegiate Frosh 8+
    Lineup: *as of now* M. Heslop, R. Mathews, L. Staggers, R. Dallas, V. Emler, S. Dodd, L. Lininger, S. Kay (cox: C. Spangenthal)

Event 17 (10:35AM): Men’s Open Novice 8+
    Lineup: P. Seniuk, D. Repaske, B. Justice, C. Anderson, M. Rigol, C. Bucey, A. Coleman, T. Ellison (cox: A. Murphy)

Event 25 (11:15AM): Men’s Open Novice 4+
    Lineup: T. Verhoff, J. Delamater, J. Clark, S. Malmsten (cox: S. Todak)

Event 39 (2:10PM): Women’s Collegiate Open 8+
    Lineup: B. Clifton, A. Springer, A. Dahl, S. Fisher, K. Schmidlin, S. Gibson, J. Gostomski, S. Bales (cox: J. Atkins)

Event 41 (2:20PM): Women’s Collegiate Open Novice 4+
    Lineup: C. Boone, L. Woodruff, A. Coffee, E. Carus (cox: C. Spangenthal)

Schedule for the Day:
We will be meeting at Ping at 5:10AM.  We will be departing Ping no later than 5:20 AM, in order to get to the regatta site by 7:00AM. (We need to leave time for shuttle transport, traffic, misdirection etc..)

Jen, Kate, Rachael and Claire get to go to the coaches and coxswains meeting at 7:30! Woo-hoo. While they are at the meeting, the rest of us will begin to rig the boats. Before anyone goes anywhere, we must get all of the boats rigged, and oars down to their proper spot.

Our first race of the day (Collegiate Frosh 8+) is at 9:50. Those of you in this lineup are to report to the trailer, in uniform and ready to go by 8:40. Launch time will most likely be 50 minutes before the race.. so you’re launching at 9! Meeting at 8:40 will provide you with time to do a quick run and warm-up stretch and have your boat meeting with Rachael.

Our second race is not until 2:10, and that’s the Women’s Collegiate Open 8+. Girls in this line up are to report to the trailer ready to go by 1:00PM. Launch time will be at 1:20 PM. At 1:00PM you will do your warm-up run and stretch, and have a boat meeting.

Our last race of the day (Women’s Collegiate Open Novice 4+) is at 2:20. Girls in this line up are to report to the trailer ready to go by 1:10PM. Launch time will be at 1:30 PM. At 1:10PM you will do your warm-up run and stretch, and have your boat meeting!

After each race, put the boat into slings, and if necessary put some clothes on to keep warm! We will de-rig the boats directly after each race since all of our boats are only being used once. We will load the trailer after each race as well to avoid having to do a lot at the end of the day. Once your boat is loaded on the trailer, each lineup will have their post-race boat meeting! Then we chill out until we find out how we did. :)

Weather:
It is supposed to be a fantastic day for rowing! According to weather.com, we should expect a sunny day with a high of 63 degrees. Winds are supposed to reach 10mph, but luckily this venue is a little more sheltered than the Columbus Fall Classic. Wear some layers in the morning because when we first get there its only supposed to be 45 degrees. It’s not going to reach 60 degrees until 1:00PM. Brrrrrr.

List of things to bring:
Your uniform (Novice: Shirt and spandex shorts, Varsity: Uni and Skin)!
Coxswains, bring your cox boxes
Socks, socks and more socks. You never know if you’ll get a pair wet, or want to layer.
It’s not supposed to rain, but bring some back up clothing for extra layers.
Bring some cash money if you want to buy the regatta shirt. (they’re pretty sweet)
I know some parents are bringing snacks and such, but maybe bring a few things yourself.
Water bottle
Sunscreen, Band-aids/Tape
Come super excited to race!!!! :)

Directions to the Regatta:
Parking: On Saturday morning, all competitors and spectators will be required to park in the campground area south of Griggs Dam (approx. 2 miles south of Fishinger Road). Signs will be posted to assist you. There is no parking fee. Please note that if you park in any undesignated areas (i.e. in the park or in the merchant lots), you may be ticketed and towed.  Parking on the grass will result in a ticket or being towed and will jeopardize future regattas. There will be a shuttle service provided to the parking lot. There will also be a group of parking volunteers to direct traffic. Please follow their instructions.

Directions:
Take US-33 West
 From US-33 West, merge onto I-270 North (towards Wheeling)
 Take I-270 North to Exit 13 (Fishinger/Cemetery Road)
 Turn left off of the exit
 Follow Fishinger Road to Riverside Drive (first light after crossing the river), and turn right.
 Follow Riverside Drive and Parking Signs to the park entrance south of the Marine Park Police Station and park in the campground area. Shuttle buses will be available to take you to the race site area.

Fun Facts about the Regatta:
*The race is 2.8 miles (about 4500 meters)
*It’s the 27th annual Jack Speakmon Memorial Regatta
*We’re rowing on the Griggs Reservoir
*Results are provided by a company called Power House Timing
*We’re going to have a super fun time!