[Ouwcrew-l] Pracitces the rest of the week

Goode, Nicholas ng359004 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 3 17:17:00 EST 2010

Hello all,

In an effort to give you all a break from morning practices so that you can be rested and rowing your best this weekend we are going to have practices on your own the rest of the week.  This is not, I repeat NOT, time off.  It is important that you stay active through till the weekend.  So the workouts I am giving are required to be done.  But hopefully this will give you all a chance to sleep in a bit and get your school stuff done.  Remember to stay hydrated and eating well.  Find someone to pair up wiith so your not alone. Also remember that the men's team has practice at 5pm so the ergs aren't available.

Thursday:

3x 10 min with 2min rest (1st 5'@18<mailto:5'@18>, 5'@22<mailto:5'@22>, 2nd 4'@20<mailto:4'@20>, 3'@22<mailto:3'@22>, 2'@24<mailto:2'@24>, 1'@28<mailto:1'@28>, 3nd 4'@22<mailto:4'@22>, 2'@16<mailto:2'@16>, 4'@20<mailto:4'@20>)

Be sure that you focus on the drive especially at the lower ratings - be powerful.

Friday:

Prep row
Warm up for 10 min at a comfortable pace taking a 10 stroke piece every about 2min building up the stroke rating start at a 26 and besure to take one at a 30 or 32.  ( ie row easy take a 10 at 26 go back to easy,  then another at a 26 or 28, etc.) Take a quick stretch and be ready to go in less than 5 min.

next set 2000m  on the clock.

Start by doing a start followed by a high 5 settle 5, finish the first finish the first 500m at a comfortable pace (this does NOT mean bad form or without a purpose), at the 1500 take a building 25 getting up to race pace, then settle back into that comfortable pace. At the 1000 do the same.  At the 500 start building again but instead of settling at 300-250m to go take a 5 to build into a sprint and SPRINT it to the finish. And get excited for the race on Sat!

I have also attached a list of your names and the estimated pace i gave marietta.

all best,
Nick