[Ouwcrew-l] SIRA INFO

Dejoseph, Shanna sd314606 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 14 20:20:23 EDT 2010

 Hey Lovelies!!

So, I was thinking about how to go about sending you a packing list/itinerary and what not and I decided that I'm just giving you the low down about what's going on, and you can decide from there. So, we're staying in a YMCA meaning we're going to be sleeping on a cement floor, so you will need a sleeping bag and pillow if you want you can bring an air mattress, but I know my car is not going to have much trunk room, so that's your decision. Also, there will be showers at the YMCA, so you will need shower stuff including a towel. You may also want to bring a blow dryer if you are intent on blow drying your hair because I don't think there are any there.

Also, the break down of each day is:
Friday: Practice day, get to the race course, hang out all day, practice, rig, and coxswains get weighed in.
Saturday: Semi's. We're at the race course all day
Sunday: Final's, leave asap when last final is over.

I'll have a more in depth itinerary on the front of each travel packet, but as some of the race times have been changed, the one I have now is kind of defect.

So, this is what I would suggest bringing:

  *   underwear and sports bras
  *   sleeping bag and pillow
  *   towel
  *   shower stuff, toothbrush, toothpaste, and contact stuff/glasses
  *   socks
  *   Work out clothes, ie. sweats, shorts, tshirts, spandex whatever.
  *   Uni's AND skins
  *   Sun block! It's going to be in the 60's and 70's and SUNNY all weekend, you will get burnt.
  *   sunglasses, your eyes are susceptible to UV rays too.
  *   Coxbox
  *   flip flops
  *   running shoes
  *   water bottle
  *   Snacks, we will be eating breakfast at the YMCA everywhere morning, therefore you need to provide your own breakfast.
  *   homework, we will be having up to five hours of study tables plus there will be a lot of free time at the race course to get stuff done. Many of us are missing class for this regatta so I'm sure we will all have stuff do to
  *   Cell phones, ipods, cameras and their CHARGERS
  *   CASH - you will need to pay your drivers gas money and you must have cash to give them.

You won't really need any nice clothes, we go out to dinner on our way back from the race course on Friday and Saturday, but it's to an Applebees kind of deal, so I wouldn't worry about it. Other than that, I think that's about it. As always don't hesitate to call me or email me with any questions.

Luuuurrrve xoxoxoxo
Hannah
330.883.0089