[Ouwcrew-l] Rides for 9-22 and Meeting Minutes

Dejoseph, Shanna sd314606 at ohio.edu
Mon Sep 21 20:40:07 EDT 2009

novice, do not worry about the rides part!

To the novice who were not at the meeting, to subscribe to our listserv you must go to this website and sign up!!

Varsity dues were due tonight-- 75$ Please give them to Jill ASAP or face the consequences... AKA late fees!

Novice dues are due two weeks from today. They are going to be 65$ and due October 5th. You need to talk to Jill Gostomski if you need to work out a payment plan if you need to!

Rules and Regulations!
Every event/practice is mandatory. If you are late to our meetings its five pushups for every minute! If you are going to be late or need an excuse you need to call ME! sd314606 at ohio.com or 740-707-4599.
If you miss a practice- let Jocelyn know (novice!)
The bylaws say that if you miss a practice unexcused you will need to row a 5K under the supervision of an exec member

Saturday!!
Novice meet-the-boats day!
We will show you how to handle the boats. We will be leaving Ping Parking lot at 10:45. If you can drive, drive you car there so we can be sure to have enough to drive. Wear shorts and a t-shirt. Varsity is also required to go. Let me know if you can't make it!

Community Service
Adopt-a-highway our first one is THIS FRIDAY. We signed up for times that we are available, E-mail Erin Derosa (ed110806 at ohio.edu) for times you can go out on the freeway and we will pick a time that works for most people.

FUNdraising
We are going to cedar point the first two weekends in october called ride pride. You will be drug tested for this so do not partake in illegal activities before we go. You may decline this but you will be sweeping sidewalks all day. And you will need Khaki pants! We need 15 people for each weekend. E-mail Lauren with any questions (lc355707) OR if you have friday classes/if there is a weekend you absolutely can't go
Kroger cards- Lauren Conover will send you an e-mail about how to set up the account!

Jocelyn
Practice tomorrow will be at 6:15 AM at Ping. She will be able to stay a little longer if ya'll are having trouble on the ergs!
She will be posting practices and things on her website for days you are not on the water, etc. Check the website DAILY so you know if you are going to on the water (starting next week) as well as rides and pickup times and all sorts of good things.
Ping will get us in trouble if we get too rwody in Ping... so be quiet, don't take up more than one lane (do not run in groups) and do not stretch in the middle of everything. We will get suspended if you do not comply!
She needs to know you schedule so she can set up practice times. Send it to her in an excel format!
She will also offer saturday practices for those who can and want to go out a little extra time!

Novice T-SHIRTS!!!
Start thinking about a novice t-shirt!! You will be wearing it in your regatta and for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. If you have any great ideas we will be designing them and such.

Regatta!
October 24th is our regatta in Columbus!! We will drive up in the morning and hang out all day!

RIDES! (same as yesterday!)

Alyssa
Hannah-west
Jill- East

Stephanie- corner of court and union
Shelly
Kelly
Jenny Strickland

Jill G
Tegan
Erin
Lauren C

In ancient Greece, children of wealthy families were dipped in olive oil at birth to keep them hairless throughout their lives.

Shan