[Ousfimg_alumni] OUSFIMG Group Update

Baldrick, Russell rb150015 at ohio.edu
Tue Mar 27 15:15:39 EDT 2018

OUSFIMG Alumni,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Thank you for displaying interest in the alumni email list.  We had 50 former members request to be added which was far above expectations. This is truly humbling and goes to show how active and involved past members are. Each of you are able to communicate with the 50 alumni on this list through emailing ousfimg_alumni at listserv.ohio.edu.

Within this email we wanted to highlight the following items:

  1.  Group Placement Update
  2.  Performance Update (We will be sending a quarterly email at the end of March)
  3.  Recent Group Accomplishments
  4.  Senior Sendoff
  5.  Fixed Income Gear

Group Placement Update:

Please see the attached PDF labeled "FIMG Placement Spring 2018" for both full-time and internship placement. We are excited about our presence in New York and placement in various banks across the country.

Performance Update:
Please see the attached PDF labeled "FIMG Performance 2018 YTD". We will be sending out a quarterly performance report moving forward. Our outperformance  of ~35 bps thus far has been due to our short duration and corporate credit strategy. Feel free to contact Dane Toadvine or Jacob McKee (dt498614 at ohio.edu or jm125814 at ohio.edu) with any portfolio questions.

Recent Group Accomplishments:
The group has tremendous success this year, both as a whole and individually. Our efforts as group have been recognized by the College of Business on two separate occasions and FIMG members received 5 of 11 finance awards at the FAC Banquet. One of these awards being Finance Student of the Year.

  *   College of Business Outstanding Student Organization of the Year - This award was given to one College of Business student organization which showed academic excellence as well as displayed leadership and utmost professionalism.
  *   Cans for Copeland - FIMG collected and donated more cans per student than any other organization in the College of Business.
  *   Finance Student of the Year - Emily Varnis
  *   Jr. Wolfe Award (For highest GPA in class) - Lindsay McCuen and Dane Toadvine
  *   Westfield Insurance Scholarship - Russell Baldrick
  *   Holden Risk Management Award - Lindsay McCuen
  *   Charles Wickert & Motorist Insurance Group Scholarship - Dane Toadvine
  *   Roger Shelor Memorial Scholarship - Robert Gorney

Senior Sendoff:
David Bartizal mentioned trying to set up a time this semester for alumni to all come back to campus. We will be holding Senior Sendoff on Friday, April 13th and this would be a great time for alumni to all come back to campus this semester. If you are interested in more info about this event please reach out to myself at (rb150015 at ohio.edu).

Fixed Income Gear:
We will be ordering long-sleeve shirts which are pictured below.  The order for the shirts will be placed Monday, April 2nd. Please contact me if you would like to purchase a shirt or have any other questions.
[cid:8a426be8-7a42-45ec-881b-c0a16d9f004b]
Thank you all for your interest in being a part of the FIMG mailing list. We hope to see everyone in Athens in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to myself through the contact info provided below or at my personal email rb150015 at gmail.com with any questions or concerns, or our president Dane Toadvine at (dt498614 at ohio.edu).

Best,

Russell Baldrick

Ohio University College of Business Class of 2020

Finance & Business Analytics

Ohio University Student Fixed Income Management Group Vice President

Cell: (513)-403-3199