[Ous-veterans] Update of Information

Wymer, Mary wymerm at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 27 16:10:09 EST 2016

Greetings!
I hope that your Spring semester is going well.  I want to update you on a couple of things.  Some of our students have already gotten notification that certain classes will not be covered by the VA.  Any class that you register for and is not specifically on your DARS report will not be approved and paid by the VA.  There is a possibility that, with the Faculty Advisor's input, we may be able to get the class approved.  But that is only under very specific circumstances.
If anyone needs help in learning how to read and use your DARS just let me know and we can set up a time to go over it.  Athens has been offering DARS workshops for veteran students.  At this point we don't have a workshop scheduled but I will be glad to work with you on an individual basis.

I also wanted to let you know that Veterans Services in Athens has a new website.  The address is www.ohio.edu/veteranscenter. This website has a lot of helpful information so take a look at it when you have a chance.

Once again, thank you and your family members for your service.

Mary Ann Wymer, M.A.
Coordinator of Non-Traditional and
Veteran Student Services
Student Services