[Ous-veterans] IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Wymer, Mary wymerm at ohio.edu
Tue May 12 10:41:00 EDT 2015

Greetings from the Office of Student Services to all of our Veteran students!  It has been a while since I E-mailed but I have a couple of things that I would like to tell you about.
On May 25, 2015, the Ironton Memorial Day Parade will be held.  This is an historic parade in being the longest, continually running Memorial Day Parade in the country. The parade has always been about honoring all of the men and women who have served this country heroically, in so many capacities.  Last year we had a wonderful turnout of veteran students and their families to participate by walking with us or riding on the float.  This year's theme is USA STRONG!   Please consider participating with Ohio University Southern in making our parade division the very best!

Also, our Veterans Tribute Program will be coming up November 5, 2015.  We would like to do a video collage of pictures of our veteran students, your veteran family members and also include pictures of faculty and staff who have served.  We will have this running on the big screen in the Bowman Auditorium during the program.  We would love to see your face on the screen!  Please submit a picture to either myself or Teresa McKenzie, in the Student Success Center.  Submitting it electronically would be great at wymerm at ohio.edu<mailto:wymerm at ohio.edu> or mckenzt1 at ohio.edu<mailto:mckenzt1 at ohio.edu>.

Please consider participating with us in these events.  It is an honor to have you as part of our student body!

Mary Ann Wymer, M.A.
Coordinator of Non-Traditional and
Veteran Student Services
Student Services