[Ous-veterans] Ironton Memorial Day Parade

Wymer, Mary wymerm at ohio.edu
Thu May 1 14:17:09 EDT 2014

INVITATION TO OUR VETERAN STUDENTS AND YOUR FAMILIES!!

The Ironton Memorial Day Parade, which is the longest continuously running Memorial Day parade in the United States, will be on May 26, 2014.  The theme this year is "For Troops and Their Families".
We would love to have you and your families join us in this tribute that is "for you".
We value and appreciate your service beyond words.
We value and appreciate you as students.
I value the opportunity to work with you and get to know you.

Please consider joining us and the Ohio University Southern's parade unit.  You can ride on the float with your children.  You can wear your uniform and walk with us.  You could ride in the Bobcat mobile!! Graduates could wear their graduation stoles.  You can join us in any way that works for you.

The parade usually begins with the "Riderless Horse".  This is quite a moving experience thinking about all the service men and women that we have lost throughout our history.

PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING US AND HELP US CELEBRATE YOUR SERVICE.

P.S. I haven't walked in the Memorial Day Parade since I was little.  We always walked with our school.  We all took a big bouquet of fresh flowers that were collected at a certain location.  They were then taken to Woodland Cemetary and put on the veterans graves. That is a memory that I have never forgotten.  I WILL BE HONORED TO WALK WITH YOU.  Let me know if you plan to participate.

Mary Ann