[Ous-veterans] Announcements

Wymer, Mary wymerm at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 4 15:41:20 EDT 2012

TUTORS NEEDED

The Learning, Assessment & Career Resource Center is in need of tutors in all academic areas.  If you have a good GPA and have at least a "B" in the class you would like to tutor in and would like to earn a little extra money,  please contact Janet Wagner at 740-533-4596 or E-mail at wagnerj at ohio.edu<mailto:wagnerj at ohio.edu>.  You can also contact Adam Fry at 740-547-3875 or e-mail at fry at ohio.edu<mailto:fry at ohio.edu>.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

The Ohio Horse Park and the Equine Program are in need of volunteers. There are many different kinds of volunteer opportunities with the care of the horses, tack, stables, special events and actually assisting with therapeutic riding.  There is a real connection here because Kelly Hall and her staff are working very hard to be able to provide Therapeutic Riding programs to veterans.  She is working on grants and is already serving veterans, through the VA,  who are experiencing TBI, PTSD and physical injuries.
What a great opportunity for our veteran students to help their fellow veterans!
If you would like more information please contact Kelly Hall at 740-354-9347 or 740-533-4653 or E-mail at hallk at ohio.edu<mailto:hallk at ohio.edu>.

DOCUMENTARY SCREENING

I am attaching a flyer on a documentary that will be showing on November 5, 2012, at 6:00PM, titled "SERVICE: When Women Come Marching Home", in the Bowman Auditorium.  The film is brought to you by the OUS Council for Diversity and Cultural Enrichment.

Women compose 14% of today's active military forces, and that number is expected to double in 10 years.
>From the creative visions of Marcia Rock and Patricia Stotter, the documentary film portrays the courage of several women veterans as they transition from active duty to their civilian lives.  We see the horrific traumas they faced, their invisible as well a physical injuries and all their challenges in receiving benefits and care.  We follow them through the large and small accomplishments they work mightily to achieve.
Even though this film focuses on women veterans, this a universal issues with all our service members.

VETERANS DAY TRIBUTE

If anyone would like to help with the Campus Veterans Tribute on Thursday, November 8, 2012, please contact Mary Ann Wymer at 740-547-3877 or E-mail at wymerm at ohio.edu<mailto:wymerm at ohio.edu>.  If you are musical you could sing and/or play a number.  If you would like to read a poem that you have written or one that is meaningful to you or present a slide show about your experiences in the military, the campus would welcome it.  We have this tribute to acknowledge and thank all of our veterans for their service.  Be a part of it!