[Ous-lp-rp13] FW: Update
larsonw at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 29 09:48:19 EDT 2019
Greetings; I hope that you enjoyed the weekend.
Thought your planning might be enhanced by a reminder that the EDAD 6110, Educational Law for School Leaders and EDAD 6610 will be conducted using the following schedule, as found in the March 11 message below.
1. Tuesday, June 11: EDAD 6110, Educational Law for School Leaders
2. Wednesday, June 12, EDAD 6610. School Community Relations
3. Thursday, June 13, EDAD 6110, Educational Law for School Leaders
4. Tuesday, June 18, EDAD 6110, Educational Law for School Leaders
5. Wednesday, June 19 EDAD 6610, School-Community Relations
6. Thursday, June 20, EDAD 6110, Educational Law for School Leaders
7. Tuesday, June 25, EDAD 6610, School Community Relations
8. Wednesday, June 26, EDAD 6610, School Community Relations.
The EDAD 6110 and EDAD 6610 sessions will be conducted in the Library at Waverly Junior High School.
My plan is to send you the syllabus and assignments for each of the two courses on Friday, May 10, which will be a month before the first class session.
Hope you are doing well. I am looking forward to being with you this summer.
Until then, Bill
From: Larson, William
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 10:51 AM
To: 'Ous-lp-rp13 at listserv.ohio.edu' <Ous-lp-rp13 at listserv.ohio.edu>
Cc: Lowery, Charles <loweryc at ohio.edu>; Hess, Michael (hessm at ohio.edu) <hessm at ohio.edu>; Allen, Leonard <allenl at ohio.edu>; Boyd, Robin <boydr at ohio.edu>
Subject: FW: Update
Greetings, I hope that you are having a positive Spring Semester. I feel certain that you are enjoying an effective learning experience with Dr. Allen.
A schedule has been identified, which is in accord with the three parameters that were designated in my January 8 to you The parameters are:
* The identification of class session dates that are after each of you have finished teaching for the 2018/19 school year, which obviously varies among the districts in which you work.
* The avoidance of class sessions during the week in which July 4th is located (i.e., the week of July 1, the first week of the month).
* The identification of dates that are available for the instructors.
The schedule has also been developed with consideration of the suggestions that you offered at the time of the last fall semester class session. However, that effort was challenging as some of the suggestions were conflicting.
You will find below the schedule for the EDAD 6110, Educational Law for School Leaders and the EDAD 6610, School-Community Relations courses of which I am scheduled to be the instructor, and for the EDCS 5040, Sociology Politics, and Change in Education course of which Dr. Hess is scheduled to be the instructor.
1. EDAD 6110 & EDAD 6610
1. Tuesday, June 11: EDAD 6110
2. Wednesday, June 12, EDAD 6610
3. Thursday, June 13, EDAD 6110
4. Tuesday, June 18, EDAD 6110
5. Wednesday, June 19 EDAD 6610
6. Thursday, June 20, EDAD 6110
7. Tuesday, June 25, EDAD 6610
8. Wednesday, June 26, EDAD 6610
* Mondays and Fridays were avoided, as some of you may be taking long weekends. For that you will likely need Friday through Monday to do the course readings and written assignments.
* The first week of June was avoided as some of you are still working at your respective districts/schools.
* An attempt was made to finish as soon as possible in June, as some of you may be beginning a vacation during the next week that includes July 4.
1. EDCS 5040
1. Thursday, July 11
2. Tuesday, July 16
3. Thursday, July 18
4. Tuesday, July 23
If you have conflicts with the EDAD 6110 and the EDAD 6610 schedule, please notify me and I will attempt to make accommodations. The same I feel certain is true for Dr. Hess and the EDCS 5040 course. Though, I cannot speak for him and his course.
Regardless and of the utmost importance is that you will want to attend all or as many of the sessions as possible in preparation for the Educational Leadership version of the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE). As I believe that you know by now, passage of the assessment is needed to obtain an Ohio administrator's license.
Until then, Bill
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ous-lp-rp13