[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020, Response to Question #3

Samantha Howell samantha.howell at vc-k12.us
Tue Jun 26 13:05:27 EDT 2018

Dusti,

I think that your experience at the school you were at is interesting. I
think self-efficacy is a very important factor for teachers and especially
administrators to have. It takes motivation, intrinsic and extrinsic
factors to make teachers and administrators successful. If an administrator
is not instrinsically motivated, then the staff is not going to be
motivated. I hope that when you go to a different school, you will have a
better experience. It is sad that there are a lot of teachers that do not
have this type of motivation. Then as educators, we expect our students to
be motivated. With collective efficacy, it is so important for staff and
administrators to work as a team and collaborate together. When you are in
a building that does not have collective efficacy, I feel like there is not
a community of learners and everyone just feel separated. Thank you for
your response.