[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020, Answer to Question #2

Dusti Chapman dchapman91 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 21:41:26 EDT 2018

EDAD 6020, Answer to Question #2

Question:

Part 1: Which of the structures, namely authoritarian, chaotic,
professional, Weberian, and loosely coupled, most closely resembles the
structure of your school?  Please explain the basis of your answer.

Part 2: Which of the structures least resembles the structure in your
school? Please explain the basis of your response.

The school I was at resembled a little of all areas: Authoritarian,
chaotic, professional, Weberian and loosely coupled. However, I sadly would
think my school more closely resembled chaotic and authoritarian. I say
authoritarian because the principal had all the power despite what anyone
else voted on or suggested. Chaotic because I personally felt thrown to the
wolves with no help. I was a first-year teacher (long term substitute) and
was placed in a mild-moderate MI classroom with severe behavior disorders.
I was never watched, guided or anything. I was offered “help” if you will,
with no follow ups though. The school is a very poor school, with little to
no parent involvement. There was a lot of conflict during staff meetings.
Most teachers almost, more or less, argued with each other rather than
working with each other. I found myself in a confused state of mind mostly
with a heart eager to make a difference.

With this being said, I presume you will not find it out that my school
structure least resembled professional. Yes, there was a principal and vice
principal, however, the principal was not seen often which I did not like.
It did not seem due to her busy schedule, rather than that she chose not to
be as active as I felt one should be. I didn’t find staff meetings
professional. Most meetings always seemed heated and aggressive.

I hope my next year of teaching will be different, however, I learned a lot
from this structure.