[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Response to Answer for Question # 3

Matney, Mary mm933108 at ohio.edu
Fri Jun 22 22:25:38 EDT 2018

Amanda,

When thinking about how your personality intersects with task-oriented leadership, I appreciate your fear of micromanaging others. However, I like the idea of check-lists--haha. I'm not sure how other districts do the end of year tasks, but each year at my school we get a check-list and everyone is always so excited to get it because it represents the end being near. Maybe if you presented the checklists as countdown items, it would be exciting to the staff! I have worked for principals who micromanage details such as the font size of my lesson plans, and you're right scrutiny like that does nothing for morale. However, I am sure, especially since we are getting to know ourselves so much better, that we will find these little quirks of ours and find ways to work around them.

Also, I completely understand your need for harmony. If there is tension or discord in the group, I literally cannot function--especially if I think that the issue is mine to fix. So, that will definitely be something I will need to work on, as well. I am hoping what my mom has always told me is true: the older you get, the less you care if people "like" you, and the more you care about the things that truly matter in life (kids, family, work, etc.).

Thanks for your honesty & presenting the intersections between these items!

Mary