[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020 Answer to question #3

James Ward gl_jward at seovec.org
Fri Jun 22 10:31:34 EDT 2018

As an aspiring administrator my self-efficacy will be instrumental in
determining how successful I will be at being both a manager and leader in
my school building. If there is one thing that I have learned from our time
in class this past month coupled with my three years in the classroom, it
is that there are a lot of situational things that I will have to deal
with. Being able to look at these situations and handle them in the most
professional manner possible will help me to gain a more positive
self-efficacy and the confidence to handle similar or even different
situations in the future. Self-efficacy for the students in my school is
also very important because how students view themselves greatly determines
how they perform in class and in other aspects of their lives.

Collective efficacy is the glue that holds things together. Without
everyone in the school building working towards collective efficacy, things
can look rather disorganized. At Vinton Elementary I feel like we do a
great job of practicing collective efficacy. This past year, my principal
put in to place reading and math committees. The committees are responsible
for coming together, discussing deficiencies that we see our students
coming to us with, and coming up with solutions so that students can
achieve to their greatest potential. Through our unified efforts we can
take on and overcome these barriers to become more effective educators.

--
*Codie Ward*

*Vinton Elementary*
*4th Grade Language Arts and Science*